Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview yesterday w/cadresults
We fished out of the port ramp and headed north to north fork. We fished that end heavily with only minimal success. One high 30's tiger on the 5th cast but came off and 2 other fallows. We landed 2 smallies not anything big but broke the suspense.
The a-holes were out in force and for a minute looked like we were going to take a direct hit so we started waiving our hats frantically and they turned off about 150' behind us. These people are really starting to get on my nerves. For all of the people on this board that have friends doing the pleasure boater thing please tell them to be courteous to other people and especially small fishing boats. I am going to start taking a range finder with me and a zoom camera for bow #'s. I will report every boat that gets too close. BTW, does anybody know the exact distance that is the minimum? Thanks.[mad][mad][mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
Okay, if they are above a wakeless speed (5mph) they have to be 150 feet away from you. If they are below a wakeless speed, they could be 5 feet from you.

Jeff
[signature]
Also, take a camera with you and get a picture of boat and driver. Its hard to argue with a picture.

Jeff
[signature]
When he came up on us, he was full throttle. I will.
[signature]
THAT WAS THE ONE THING I HATED ABOUT FISHING THERE!!!!! SO MANY WAKES SO MANY PEOPLE COMMING TO CLOSE. CHUCK ABOUT FELL OUT 3 TIMES FROM ROUGE WAVES. WE HAD MOORE THAN A DOZEN BOUTS COME WITHIN 100 FT OF US. I WONDER WE RAN AROUND THEM THE SAME WAY WITH TRIM DOWN WHILE THEY ARE TRYING GET BACK IN THEIR BOATS. SO THE WAKES WOULD THROUGH THEM AROUND. THINK THEY WOULD LIKE IT? IT WOULD JUST WAIST TO MUTCH TIME .
[signature]
I wish my boat was a 30'+ cabin cruiser and i could identify each boat. I would gladly give up a day of fishing to get some revenge![sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
you know what really got me was, during the hot calm part of the day very little activity from them and when evening came (a good fishing time) they came out like bugs. if it was me I would ski the nice warm calm part of the day not when it's gettig cold. one boat came about 85 or so feet away and I raised my arms up in disgust and he just did the same thing back to me. a real jerk he was.
later chuck
[signature]
[Wink][Wink] An RPG will put a stop to the boats coming to close.
[signature]