Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fresh meat
Hi all:
I'm a Utah resident, via Texas, via Az, NC, MS, CA....been fishing for almost anything that swims my whole life. I'm moving to NoVa in Jan, probbly Manassas or somewhere near there. I'm interested in info on fishing in the area. Are float tubes appropriate out there, or are there snakes or gators? Are there any other good forums for VA area fishing?
I fly fish, spin fish, love to surf-fish, and won't turn down a ride in a boat [cool]
Pretty much anything that swims. Bass being my favorite, followed by saltwater.

Thanks!
-JD-
[signature]
I also had some of the same questions. I'm not sure where Manassas is but I was near Fredricksburg in April/may and there are TONS of places to fish. Lots of LMB (my favorite) everywhere. The closest reservoirs to me were also used as potable water facilities somewhere down the line so there was no swimming or float tubing but you could take a boat with an electric motor. I saw several bass boats with their main motor up and using their bow mount.
I can guarantee you'll be able to find some fishing spots. Davetclown gave me a whole bunch of info, check the older posts or send him a PM.
[signature]
Yea, this site (BFT) is great for Utah, but seems to not have much interest from VA. I've found some other VA forums I'm frequenting now to start getting information and making contacts.
[signature]