Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake X child's play
I had some cancellations at work that allowed me to get off early (darn![Smile]) and I had visions of going home, getting the tube and heading up to Jordanelle for some hard core bassin this evening. Anyway, as I finished a small project I needed to do at home and was rounding up the gear, my 5 year old came up to me and announced that she wanted to go with me. Right behind her was Mommy, with a huge Smile on her face. So much for hard core bassin.

In spite of the dose of 5 yr. old brattiness she displayed at the recent jig party, she usually is a good trooper, so we still headed to the X. (no tube) We first went on a hike around the nature trails, then settled in for some fishing. In spite of some "hookset spasticity" on Daddy's part, she got her first smallies. She seemed more impressed though, by the soothing water she was wading in, and tossing hands full of rocks where daddy was casting. Oh well, we had lots of fun anyway, and scored a surprising number of fish. (Missed a lot of hits too.) Green stickbaits again.

Tight lines
[signature]
It's good to see the little ones out there enjoying the water. My daughter, almost 6, caught her first bass out of there last summer and has been begging me to go again. She's right here next to me as I type and is asking me if she can go with us and if I know her parents. She makes me laugh.
[signature]
Still sounds like you guys had a great time chasin' the little bassies! Plus you got to spend some valuable time with your daughtere...they are only little once!
[signature]
Cute kid! Never pass up the chance to go fishing with your kids, it won't be long when they decide it isn't cool to go fishing with dad and would rather stay home with their friends.
[signature]
It was funny watching your boy trying to cast his stick pole on the ramp......
[signature]
That's awesome! Keep her fishing as long as you can.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Looks like you have a Future Pro on your hands there. Glad to dee that you had a good time.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]