Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
His first day with the ODC 420
Friday, wife had to go home and get the insurance papers and come back to work (it's only three miles[Smile]) and bring me lunch. When she got home, son asked when is dad coming home as he wanted to go fishing again. Caught up with my work and got off at 2 in the afternoon.
Got home and found he already set up his tube! Not much time so I didn't get a change to get my tube up so took the canoe the third time.
[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2][/size][/#000000][/font][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16933;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16934;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16935;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16936;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16937;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=16938;]
[font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]He likes the new tube! I watch him move around and that's a great looking tube. He caught only bass that day. I didn't get a photo of him with the bass. I got a lot of bass and only four bluegills at the half hour left to fish. [font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Light winds, he moved around and had the tube in controlled better than I did. I was sitting in the rear and the front lifts too high out of the water and spins me in a merry-go-around.....well I got to cast everywhere in a circle. Then the wind went still made the lake almost glassy. Fished the shores as tight as I can cast and wasn't catching any. They weren't there but out in the middle. Noticed the tube would need rod holders and I guess I'm going to make some for both tubes maybe today (Sunday) as it is going to be a rainy day and I can't do any wood staining in the garage. I'm going to pull up TubeDude's works on it and make a list......[/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#000000][/font][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2][font "Arial"][#000000][size 2] [font "Arial"][#000000][size 2]Hey Zonker, he likes it![/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#000000][/font][/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Here are your pics. Good stuff. Looks like a good day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know if you need any assistance in getting your rod holders done.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TD! That's wgat I was trying to do.
I didn't get a change to do the rod holders today as it never rain as it looked like it was gonna do. Spent the day sawing and planning the woods for the window trims. Got to be ahead on doing it as I don't know what or where I would be each weekend.
Some of the photos shows the tall grass all along the shore. It drops pretty straight down and deep at the waterline. It's not easy for shore fishermen if they fall in and it's hard to get out or fish around there with the thick tall grass. We aren't allowed to cut them to fish. Only way to fish it is tubing and carry in boats. There are about 200 ponds around from 1/4 acres to maybe 20 acres. There are some lakes with ramps for boaters with trolling motors only.
[signature]
[cool]Hey BGMan. Great pictures! Good story. I love it. Now I understand why you are called BluegillMan.

Glad the boy liked the tube. Sometimes you just have to prime the pump a little.

You probably already know about this but on those days when I used to fish alone in my canoe I would sit in the front seat and paddle the thing backward. It puts you closer to the center of the boat and brings the bow down. Much better in moderate wind.

Keep the pictures coming!

z~
[signature]
Thanks for the report bluegillman.

Looks like the tube sits nice and high in the water. Look forward to some nice pics of your sons Bass the next time[Wink]. Nice lookin Gills there as well, almost a meal.

Keep the reports comin.

Bguy64
[signature]