Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-8-06 CATFISH THING...UPDATE
[cool][#ff0000]Friday 7/7/06. Here are some last minute details. First, looks like the weather might mess up the evening fishing. Hope not. We will have fun anyway.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Second, for those who want to caravan down, we can meet up at the Lowe's Home Center on 4700 South, just west of I-15. The "bus" will leave at 6 AM. Stragglers will have to find their own way. Plan to be there about 5:45 for meetups, etc. We will be in the northwest corner of the lot, near the exit. [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Bring your walkie talkies if you have them. We usually use channel 8.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Even if fishing is not stellar, the fish fry is secure. We are bringing fillets and all the goodies to cook them. Hopefully we will all catch plenty of fish to take home too. I will be doing a filleting demo and will fillet fish for anyone who wants them.[/#ff0000]

[cool][#0000ff]It's O-FISH-AL. We have secured the use of the "pavillion" at Lincoln Beach, on Utah Lake, for the full day of Saturday July 8th. The purpose will be to catch catfish, to eat catfish and to talk catfish...followed by more catching catfish for those who are still holding up after a full day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is not an organized fishing contest. No costs to BFTers or guests, other than personal expenses of gas, food, drinks, sunscreen, skeeter juice, etc. Of course, you gotta bring your own fish poles and bait. Bringing a hand-held walkie talkie is fun too. We can decide upon an official "Channel Cat Channel".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Many of us will be in float tubes or pontoons, but boaters and bankers are also welcome. The only restrictions are those from the DWR proclamation (Sorry Bassackward...no explosives).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I plan to be there before 7 AM (maybe earlier) to post our reserved signs and to get out for some early catfish in my tube (with TubeBabe, of course). There is no official "blastoff", so kitty chasers can show up whenever they please. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We usually park on or near the "beach" in front of the "facilities" and launch from the shallows. You can also launch either from the boat launch ramp or anywhere along the south dike of the boat channel. That is also the best place for bank anglers to try their luck.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The general plan is to fish until about 10:30 AM, and then to head for the fillet station with lots of fish (hopefully). We will fillet the catch and then prepare it for the deep fryer. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I will handle all aspects of the fish fry. However, others are encouraged to bring along some side dishes pot luck style. Breads, salads and desserts would be nice. Be sure to bring your own plates and utensils, although we will probably have some paper and plastic stuff. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is a drinking fountain at the pavillion, but you might want to bring your own water and/or other "drinkables". Clean restrooms are also right next to the pavillion.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After eating, we will conduct a sort of sharing seminar, to demonstrate different rigs and baiting techniques for catfish. Anyone with something to add will be encouraged to "show and tell".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The final part of the festivities will be to adjourn to the water for late afternoon and/or nighttime catfishin'. It will be close to full moon so if the wind is not a factor it should be nice fishing. The party will essentially be over after we get the pavillion cleaned up after the food and seminar things. But, the fishing can go on as long as anybody wants to fish...and can hold up under the strain.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have attached my map of Lincoln Beach in both Jpeg and Word doc format. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will make a post right after this one to keep a list of folks who have indicated they will be coming. Please PM me with your intent and if you will be bringing anything. There is no fee and no limit on who shows up, but we would like to get an idea of what to plan on. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also, if there is anything in particular you would like to have covered in the "seminar", let me know. Several members will be bringing lots of rods, reels and terminal gear (hooks, swivels, bobbers, corkies, etc.) to show rigging and setup. We will also be discussing a lot of different kinds of baits and scents. Make scents?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]LIST OF POTENTIAL ATTENDEES AND WHAT (AND WHO) THEY WILL BE BRINGING:[/#0000ff]
[#000000]1. TubeDude and TubeBabe. Deep fryer, oil and coating for "Kitty Krispies".[/#000000]
2. Out4Trout. Probably evening only.
3. Road plus 2 guests. Side dish and rolls.
4. night_breed84104 and wife. Pasta salad.
5. fish4fish.
6. Carp_punisher. Dutch oven taters.
7. Ocean.
8. BassAckward
9. BurlSwift & wife. "something".
10. PACKFAN + 3. "something".
11. FlyFishingMoose, [#ff0000](cancelled. Family health problems)[/#ff0000]
12. 8incher...plus 3 grandkids. Bringing ice chest and drinks.
13. kentofnsl...plus one or more grandkids. Bringing something.
[signature]
Pat if you need the banner just let me know and we can make the exchange
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not necessary. I will just be putting up a couple of one page notices, on either side, letting everybody know that BFT has the area reserved.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks anyhooters[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well. I knew it would be like that. That's our night for Satuday's Voyeur" and I ain't going to miss it, especially since daughter and boy friend paid for the tickets. Also, chance to meet boyfriend's parents. Maybe the 150th boyfriend will be a keeper. [sly] After 40 + years????
Anyways, might drop by for a lesson on cooking and who knows, might even have a fishing pole in the truck. I wonder if the people at the play would wonder about the fish smell? [angelic] Would have to meet up with them at the play. Man. those channels are fun!!!!!! New habit!
Leaky
[cool][#0000ff]You could always come down during the week for a "scouting trip". If you fish on Saturday we can wrap you in plastic so that you don't get kitty stink on ya. Some of the leftover bait can "turn" in the heat.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck on the boyfriend thing. Hard to raffle 'em off some times.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[Wink] Is this a ploy to kill off mutiple members of the BFT by feeding us the poisoned fish from utah lake?

I think that i will try to shop my face around there, i think that i can convince cesar to tag along also..... I better start refreshing my sweet talking skills though
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Just in case the PCB's won't finish you off, I can sprinkle on some mercury or cyanide.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It will be good to see you if you can make it.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ok fish4fish sweet talked me into going![Tongue] xoxo fish4fish![Wink]
[signature]
I will be there what time I don't know yet. How long do you plan to stay till pat. Are you going to night fish? I hate the idea I can't use a dupont spinner.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'll be there from about 6 AM until the skeeters haul me off in the bright moonlight. I figure an hour after dark at the most. Not sure this old guy can hold up under all that strain anymore. Gotta pace myself.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD I would love to make it, however I'm being forced to spend a week from the 7th to the 13th waist deep in the Nushagak.

Good luck to you all.

fdg
[signature]
Hey TD is this a close event for BFTers only? One of the kids at work asked if he could join us. I said sure, but thought maybe i should ask if it's an open event.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You would be banned from BFT if you cancelled Alaska for Lincoln Beach.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck and have fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The more the merrier...well, maybe. Sure, your co-worker would be welcome. Same goes for any other guests or potential BFTers that wanna stop by and hang out. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We ain't proud. Wouldn't be you and me in BFT if there was any kinda class or restrictions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]"We ain't proud. Wouldn't be you and me in BFT if there was any kinda class or restrictions.[/#0000ff] "[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Truer words were never written! [/size]
[signature]
The mrs and I should be there around 7am, possibly a friend from work too. (maybe someone can teach me somethin about carpin lol so I can finally get some decent bait)
[signature]
About how many people plan to fish from the Terra Firma? The wife and I might go but if everyone is going to be bobbing in the lake we might just pass.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not sure what the bank contingent might be, but I am sure you would have company.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If nothing else, come on down and I'll let you take a spin in my Fat Cat to check it out.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]At the very least you can come for the food and festivities and talk fishin' for awhile in the afternoon.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ok then, sounds like a plan. Count the wife and I in. Not sure yet what we'll bring to add to the buffet, but we'll bring something.
[signature]