Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge 06/29-06/30 Report
Friend and I hit da' Gorge yesterday and this morning- boated 13 mac (biggest was 18 lb), a few Koke, at least 100 bass and 1 rainbow, all we lacked was a brown to have caught every species of game fish in there in a day. Swim Beach was smoking for the mac, as we caught 10 of the 13 there trolling big pop gear and a minnow on bottom in 65-85 feet of water. Almost all bass were small, which may be typical of the Gorge, though I have never fished for them before up there. Anyone know about that? Kokes were caught early in the morning (6 AMish) on the normal Shasta stuff. Attached are one of the bigger mac and bass. Water temp is 70 on top, Lucerne was pretty empty, and very few fish at Antelope, saw quite a bunch on Swim and a good group at Hideout.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Sounds like a fun trip. From the looks of your pictures, the weather looked pretty good also. Thanks for sharing your report.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I'll be up there next week. Can't wait.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and nice mack . I know it would make me happy to hook one like that .
[signature]
Sounds like a nice trip. It is true about the smallies up there. They are plentiful, and a little stunted, so I hope you kept a few for the table. What were you catching the smallies on?
[signature]
You know me- I'm a pointer minnow devotee. We were using shrimp brown 78sp pointers. Man I love those lures.
[signature]
Lost one of those pointers78dd today to a fish . May it rest in peace . Dang I hate that when it happens . I know better than that , but laziness has caught up with me .
[signature]
HA69 - at least you lost it on a fish. I casted one off a couple weeks ago at Strawberry and by the time I could get around on it, the thing had sunk or I lost the spot (or a fish ate it!).
[signature]