Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado River fish report from 6-28
Now go out and get some. As soon as my truck gets out of the body shop (F-ing Vegas Drivers!) I hope to get out there and kill a few.

Copied from Turners site:
[url "http://www.turners.com/engage/reports_fishreport.php"]http://www.turners.com/engage/reports_fishreport.php[/url]

COLORADO RIVER
LAKE MEAD: Good striper action on fish to 9-0 early morning on top water and anchovies in 45 to 50 feet later in the day. Largemouth bite is excellent at every point and cove on top water and Senkos. Bluegill action is good on worms. For more information, call Lake Plaza at 702-564-3058.

WILLOW BEACH: The striper bite is good on fish to 10-0 or a little better, but no trophy fish. Top catch was a 12-0 striper by Dick Landsperg, Vegas, on anchovies. Lots of trout limits being caught on anchovies. For more information, contact the marina at 928-767-4747.

LAKE MOHAVE: A few stringers of small stripers reported near the 28-mile marker. Stripers are biting on anchovies with most action north of Cottonwood Cove. A few were reported to 2-0 off the mouth of the bay on anchovies. No significant bass or catfish action reported. For more information, call Cottonwood Cove at 702-297-1464.

BELOW DAVIS DAM: Mostly slow action, with only a few small stripers reported after dark and on big Bomber Long A's.

NEEDLES: Small-sized stripers showing on cut pieces of anchovies in the early and late in the day. Most reported are 12 to 16 inches. Jack Smith Park and Willow Valley Marina are hot spots for striper action. For more information, call Premier Sports at 760-326-2727 or Golden Shores at 760-768-2325.

TOPOCK MARSH: Very little fishing activity. Only a few cats being caught on anchovies. For information, call Five Mile Landing 928-768-2350.

HAVASU: Largemouth bass action is good with the best bite still on plastics and nightcrawlers. A fair number of stripers have been caught in 18 to 20 feet of water on anchovies and worms. For more information, call Black Meadow Landing at 760-663-3811.
[signature]
2nakiller

going back to last months fish report,,,, Willow Beach, Trout biting on anchovies?
I never heard of that.. If true, I ll try it and report. I was there and used green power bait which worked good..

Steve
[signature]