Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats what i have to say.what a way to start the birthday of our great nation,to start off i got up and looked out the window to see 8 deer walking down the street towards the hay lot,birds singing,the world just waking up.met up with donald and joe ,headed to the marina.when we got there sun shinning,no breeze and clear ,we could see long island new york.thats something we haven't seen all season

started at seaflower reef,first drop i hooked up with a nice fluke,but it was 1/2 inch short,but fat. after that 12 more came up all just under the limit.then donald got a keeper 18.5,then we found the sea bass.had a great time with them we lost alot fish at the boat but managed 6 in.we were set up for fluke and had a hook alittle too big for them.

the boat traffic was getting alittle crazy so we moved up tight to the north side of fishers island right at the entrence for the ferry.we got into some nice fluke donald and i hooked up at the same time.both poles bent.i got mine up first so joe netted it a nice 24.5 inch fluke.donald was still fighting his,it acted like a blue/striper running all over the place,finally we could see it,it was a fluke,would you know it,and i have never heard of anyone doing this....FOUL HOOKED.yep right in the side a 23 inche had compete control of him.
we also landed some dog fish ranging 28-31 inched
to end it we checked the loster traps ,and got 3 keepers nothing big but legal,so heres a pic of my dinner tonite
[inline Jul01321.JPG]
[signature]
Nice haul Tomc, the weather finally turned to the good. Don must have thought he had the trophy of a life time.
[signature]
I'll drink to that...[angelic]

where is the lemon?[Tongue]

congrats, nice haul.. [cool]
[signature]