Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 7/1
It was tough fishing yesterday morning, the water was really stirred up from all the wind.We managed to boat a few good ones, lost alot in the reeds. When the skiers stayed away for awhile and the water calmed was the most productive, there seemed to be no preferred bait, we caught fish on minnows,carp, worms and shrimp.
Not really trying to bring my post back up, just wondered what anyone else is experiencing , we have had to try some different types of fishing and areas. Guess that is why we keep trying, there is nothing better than enjoying the family catching fish. I think it is time to go to the higher waters,until cooler weather.
I fished the knolls yesterday had a ton of bites and takers just no good hook sets. Don't know what i was doing wrong but it must have been sometime.
[signature]
we fished bird island yesturday. AnglinAngel pulled in a 9 pounder. she also boated a 4lb, and a 5lb. most the action came sunsetish.
[signature]
Now thats the kind of report i like to see!!![Wink] What did the angel use as bait? I am making a run up to e-lake tonite to get me some of those red shiners.I havent heard of any walleye reports so i am gonna get me some red shiners and maybe that will help.Did you get your boat insured yet? I need to get mine done so i can make a bird island trip this weekend.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report and pic, fencekid. That's a dang nice daddy cat Angel has there. I hope to get into something like that one at Lincoln this Saturday. Good luck on your next trip out there.
[signature]