Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lakes
Have any one fished lake Neva or lake Brendal?
I was looking to try a new lake this weekend.
[signature]
I havent herd any thin lately on eather lakes.

Brendal used to be a hot lake to fish on. it is a privet lake. you might be able to get on through the canoe rental place.
[signature]
i'm not familiar with these lakes , where are they located ?
[signature]
they are out by alpine ski lodge

south of m-59 off of bogie lake raod

I know they are private lakes, but I have a friend that just moved onto lake Neva

but doesn't know much about the lakes I think I'm going to try Brandal sunday morning.
[signature]
square lake road area , now i know where . thanks for the info , thats about a 2 hour ride for me .

i had a pike on today , it ran out about thirty feet then just sat there . after waiting a couple minutes for it to swallow the sucker , i went to set the hook and came back empty . i also pulled up a perch that was smaller than my sucker minnows . i'll be back out tomorow , how have you been doing ?
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.mlswa.org/lake-sherwood-611/LSAFacts.htm"][Image: MapItLSA.gif][/url][/center][center]click on map for the Lake Sherwood web site.[/center]
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.dunhamlake.org/history/history.htm"]Dunham Lake[/url]

Lake Contour Map [url "http://www.dunhamlake.org/history/dlcontourmap.JPG"][Image: dlcontourmapsmall.JPG][#606420] [/#606420][/url][/center] [center][Image: lake.JPG] [/center] [center][url "http://www.dunhamlake.org/WaterQuality/fishstudy2002/dunhamfishstudy.htm"]The 2002 Fish Survey of Dunham Lake
[/url][/center]
[signature]
this lake looks almost identical to the dunham lake in roscommon ! just inverted ! my oldest kid was on bored.com , and you can get satilite photos close enough to make out your house . i've been looking for maps like this for the lakes around here but no luck yet , local d.n.r. said they havent updated them yet and the old ones are gone .
[signature]
Well I went and fished lake neva and caught one pike that was 30 inches on a tip-up and one crappie and 1 perch and 20/1 inch gills. I tried Brendal Sunday and Caught 20 /1 inch gills and 2 crappies NO FLAGS. I went to Lake Sherewood later in the day and caught 1 crappie and 1/3 inch perch with a couple of small gills.
WHERE DID THE FISH Go !!
[signature]
barametric pressure ! thats the excuse i'm going to use my friend ! you did better than i did . skunked again ! saturday was a learning experience . i drilled a black hole in the ice and it sucked some of my gear into it . sunday i had the entire lake to myself and not one nibble .

were any of thoes fish being put into the contest ? i would ask you what your secret is but i'm afraid i know the ansure already . youth and enthousieasm' ain't got nuttin over experience and cunning !

hopefully i'll get some this week , i don't think i can get away with holding up a pack of frozen fishsticks for some points in the contest . keep up the good work , your pal lonehunter
[signature]
Where did you fish over the weekend?
You must be right with that barametric pressure.
It wasn't only us. I talked to everyone today and no one got any fish over the weekend. 2 friends fished Kent lake and nothing. 2 other friends fished Walled Lake and nothing.
I guess we can calk that one up to the fish gods.
[signature]
hey stormey , lake 4 , top center left , gladwin county , i live just down the road from there . fishing is great there during the summer , but this ice fishing there is gonna have me try around some of the surronding lakes . like you i have a whole bunch to choose from . our hard decision is , which one ? i hope it gets better on that rod twitchin for you , once minne starts i'm going to be one heck of a contender on that ice auger . well maybe i could be , first i have to start catching them bigger than a postage stamp !

where you going this weekend ?
[signature]
tomarow is pay day and it is off to the pro shop to find a new blade for my drill.

this 20+ inch stuff is getting to be a real hole in the ground if ya know what I mean. this auger will give me the edge I need to get the begens....
[signature]
hattrk4me at the minnisota board reports OVER thirty inches of ice ! thoes guys must look like popeye the salor . , do you think this guy loves hockey or what ? hat trick for me !
[signature]