Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldier Creek
Hit Soldier Creek side for some Kokes and was not disappointed this time . I acquired some downriggers saturday and for the first time out with them , I don't think I did too bad . Boated 10 kokes and about 30 cutts . Shasta tackle sling blades and Luhr Jensen needlefish combo . Heard of some smallie action on the creekside of the berry . I may check it out next time . I still may get 4 species day yet with out chub in the count . [Wink] Lost a real nice fish to a line failure with a pointer on it . Ouch !!
[signature]
Wow Randy, ten kokes at Strawberry in one day is great fishing. Sounds like you figured out those downriggers really fast.
[signature]
Congratulations on a good day of fishing. Your home work paid off today.
[signature]
Soldier Creek
[Image: soldcreek.jpg]
Kokanee
[Image: kok1.jpg]
[Image: kok2.jpg]
[Image: kok3.jpg]
Cranefly
[Image: cranefly.jpg]

[signature]
Kent , this is not my first time catching this fish at the Berry but it is my first time ever with a D-rigger . I lost 6 others at boat side and one took my tackle while it went air borne with my gear . Shut down for me at 12:00pm for the kokes and I didn't find them until 9:50am .I would get a bite as soon as I was down 32' and it was nonstop for a while . I was kinda slow learner on the bites . I kept waiting for them to break free from the release but I was missing a lot more than I caught . Learned a lot from the posts on here for sure . Now I know how to get hooked up on them with a downrigger better . Took me a little while to figure that out . Larger Cutts were running 54' deep ,smaller cutts 21' to 40' and something at 74' but I didn't hook up . Did get a hit down there . No jigs were used during this production . Casted pointers in the morning and trolled all day long 5:30am to 2:00pm . I did have one koke come home with me because of injury . Kokes were 15" to 17" . As they were saying on VHF radio today . Silver Dollars are biting . [Wink] People on the radio really help me out today . "Right of Passage" was hooking them early before I got tuned in on them . The chatter on the radio help a bunch today .
[signature]