Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry
Fish the Berry this weekend with my family and my boys friend and his family. Friday my boy,his friend and myself were on the water by 6:30 a.m. it took awhile to locate fish ended up boating 20 fish and loosing several, 1 was a fat 19" rainbow. Saturday: we were on that water by 7:00 a.m. boating 20+ fish and with several long line releases. My sons friend convinced his dad and brother-inlaw to buy a one day license and join us on sunday, they have done little or no fishing before!! just before turning in for the night his little sister asked me if there was room on the boat for her to go with us,I told her yes there was, so I went on a scavanger hunt for 2 more set ups found a reel in the camptrailer and old rod in the boat, 1 down and 1 to go. found 1 more set up,it was my 3yr olds pole "Nemo".. so with a few bribes that my wife packed in the trailer I had a set up for myself! HaHa... it's amazing how a 3yr old knows the meaning of supply and demand!! we got on the water about 7:00 a.m. we went back to the same area and located a school of fish,and after a short version of the MGB hookset tech. 101.as I can remember it, the fishing was on!!! Between baiting all the jigs and releasing all the fish, I manage to catch 12 fish on "Nemo", we boated 60, all cutts. It was the most exosting, but yet most satisfying day of fishing I think I have ever experienced!! listening to them all laugh and catch fish. Our friends left that afternoon, but there kids wanted to stay and go fishing 1 more day. I convinced them to let them stay, slept in this morning got on the water by 8:00 a.m. went to the same area boated 15+ fish all cutts., but the funny things is that only 2 fish was over the 15" slot have never caught that many fish under the slot before!!! all and all it was a great weekend and got a new family hooked on fishing the Berry!!!! All but 3 -14" fish were released had to grill some up for dinner on sat. B4B
[signature]
That's great you could get some folks into some fish! Sounds like you taught them well! Nice that they could taste a few fish, as well as battle some of the nicer cutts in there, returning them to fight another day! Nice work and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Sounds like you all had a great weekend up at the berry. Looks like the fishing is starting to pick up. I shouldn't of backed out on the invite but after evaluating my budget I decided I better spend the cash on repairing my trolling motor. We will have to take a trip up there in a couple weeks.

Great report, and a pat on the back for getting the kids and the newbies into the fish.
[signature]
Great report Damian. Great that you could get some newbies into fish. Like you, I can't remember catching so many small fish at Strawberry as I have this year so far. Strange that while ice fishing we hardly caught any under the slot, and now it seems it is difficult to catch one in the slot more than a couple inches, and many are well under 15 inches.
[signature]
Great report on getting the newbies into fish . Kudos on the nice bow . Only question I have is how deep of water worked for you . I was there sunday but on the Soldier Creek side . Funny how the cutts are smaller this year for the most part . I only hooked 8 in the slot sunday .
[signature]
B4B-
Thanks for the report and nice work catching so many fish and helping the rest of them do the same. Stong work with the Nemo rod, it always gets em! LOL. I'll call ya and get the good details before I head up next time. Thanks for scouting them out for us!!!
[signature]
that sounds like you had a great time [cool]
[signature]
sorry about the size, i'm still playing with it. i will get it alot smaller.
i hope. [cool]
[signature]