Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holmes Creek / Willard Bay 7-3-06
Went to Holmes Creek with a couple of buddies and one of them's wife and son first thing this morning. Determined not to have Greg clown us again for getting skunked i caught a little blue gill just so he didn't have too much amunition. The little one out did us all catching 3 bluegill, then it was Greg's turn...2 real nice Rainbows. Saw plenty of largemouth but they just weren't biting.

At about 6:55 p.m. my brother in law and I put the boat in the water at Willard and saw a friend of mine's dad coming into the marina as i was going out. He said, "Good luck, they're not biting anything!" Well, we headed about 300 yds or so straight out the north marina and ran into a boil...6:58 p.m. FISH ON!!! Silver/Blue and Silver Kastmasters were the weapon of choice. Nice 4lb wiper. In 40 minutes we had 7 in the boat! We took a break for about 30 minutes, then noticed they were steadily chasing the shad towards the marina. Headed that way and about 50 yards from the marina there was a huge boil. That boil was going for 30 minutes before we left and it was not small by any means. There were 4 boats in the middle of it, at one point all 4 had double hook-ups! It was awesome. We had the boat out of the water at 9:01 p.m. 2 hours and 2 people fishing and we had caught our limit. Good night of fishing!

Then to the subject of the 2 douchebags that flew in between me and another fisherman. The second of the two was doing about 25 or 30mph as he went through our boil in between the other boat and me when we were only about 50 or so feet apart! We both yelled at him and his passenger turned around and gave us the finger. What a piece of sh*t! I do fish out of a ski boat and would never want to be grouped in with those a-holes! I usually fish but boating/tubing/jetskiing is fun too, and if i can stay away from people or at least kill the throttle within 150ft of someone, then everyone else can too! I would even excuse someone if they were running towards a boil but these idiot boaters have the whole damn lake and have to be skiing were i'm fishing really irritates me. Anyway enough about that.

Other than that we had a great day of fishing, so here's some pics to check out...
[signature]
I can't wait to get back up there. I've yet to even see a boil for myself. Nice job on the wipers and we all know about that guy that got too close. It may be a different boat that does the same to me everytime but it seems to be the same @(#*& driving.
[signature]
Looks like the cartoon pole scored big time! Nice pics of the wipers as well. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice mess of fish you caught there.
I would love to catch a mess of wipers like that.
[signature]
[cool] Nice report there ZDR.

looks like you had the right stuff. Welcome to the board.
[signature]
Way to go on the wipers. Hope to get back up there soon and try again.Wiper fishing has me hooked.
[signature]
Nice report! I am scrambling to get the new boat ready to go so i can fish the boils. She will be ready by monday so help me![cool]
[signature]