Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Show Report
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Predator and I went down to the boat show and surveyed what they have to offer. We saw Old Coot there. He came up and said "Hi Rich. I'm going to the bathroom." Ah, ok... Old Coot, what a cool guy.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you could fish from it, we looked at it. Predator was really shopping to replace his Tracker Trash and we kept ending up looking at the Precision Boats; an 18' Maverick. Sweet fishing machine. We had the salesman give us the whole sales pitch and spent 45 minutes crawling all over the boat and asking all the questions. I liked the air cushioned seats, and hey! At $500 a piece why not fill the boat with them! Anyway, We looked at a lot of nice boats but in my opinion there were just too many boats for skiing and not enough hard core fishing boats. I did like the one that only cost $422,000.00 it looked like it was good for catch a few things other than fish......[/size][/font]
[signature]
Man I wanted to go!! But I'll be lucky if I even get a few hours of fishing in this weekend, thx to work. Did ya snap any pics?
[signature]
I just got back, The first thing I noticed, just before entering the Bldg, was that [#ff0000]BOAT SHOW[/#ff0000] was in great big hugh letters and Fishing Expo was in small letters. That was the theme inside as well. Mostly boats and very little fishing. I am afraid I am not in the Market for a boat and don't really see one in my future, so there wasn't a whole lot there to interest me. Oh well
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Ya, Doug Miller's Outdoor Show has a lot more fishing gear and fishing related items. It was still fun to check out all the boats though.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I've never been to the Doup Miller Outdoor Show. I'll have to check it out next time it comes up... Any idea when that will be?
[signature]
Yep, next time you see me on the water it will be in a 20 ft weldcraft with the 2ft outback. Sweet mother of mercy. Looks like theres a 18 ft 1998 tracker targa with no engines for sale!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Holly Crap Pred,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Congrats. That sure sounds nice. What color is it? Give us drullers some more details ... I am green with envey.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]They didn't have any Gregors there but I did see some nice crestliners.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]By the way, sorry for just saying "hi" in passing but I had some URGENT business in the restroom. When I came out, you and BLM were no where to be found.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Again, congrats on the boat. Like the bumb I am, I sure would like to be one of the first to take a number to fish with you in your new Weldcraft.[/size][/font]
[signature]
The Sportsman Expo is March 13-16 this year. I have attended it for several years and I like it better than the boat show. There is a web site on the internet for the show, but I don't have the link.

MackAttack
[signature]