Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booyaa is Back on the Boards
Finally got settled in from a week (+) of travel. Nice to be back home. I havn't got a chance to read through the entire board but it looks as though there has been some cranking. My good buddy "Good Aye Mate" Steve Badman is coming in from Australia, Fish Talk Radio has another kids event in Poway, and I missed some great messages and good fishing. I outfished Hodgdon today Again at Laguna Niguel Lake.

Just wanted to punch and and sey Hey!
[signature]
[cool]Didja get to go after the mud marlins?
[signature]
Actually Tube Dude it was pretty cool getting skunked. Weather was killer but the tide was down or we probably would have nailed some sturgeon, after talking to some of the locals.

All the players were out boasting big shit and we all ate crow.

Daryl from Sumo, Caesar from Tady, Greg from Aftco, Scooter from Izorline and Fishworks, Del, Some dude from North Africa with a stick that was about 16 feet long (he almost hit a plane casting), Mark and Steve from Hyes Tackle and Randy and Ichi from pro gear.

How the hell are you tube dude have you been fishing lately, I know you have, where, when and how was the bite?
[signature]
[cool]Glad you had a great time. Fishing is always good, even if the catchin' ain't. There's a lot of opportuities up in those waters when you can time it right. I guess that's true of almost anywhere.

I'd like to tell you...I have been knockin' the fishies dead. I'd LIKE to tell you that, but Sadly, it ain't true. My 2003 fishing license is still a virgin. Life has kinda got in the way for the past couple of months. I take care of my elserly parents and Dad has been a handful. Finally put him in a care facility yesterday. Mom's still in pretty good shape so maybe now I can spend some time on the water.

We had temps in the 80's over here in Zony-Land two weeks ago and it got all the fish axcited about doin' their spring fling thing. Big largies movin' shallow, with some 10 to 12 pounders coming to assorted plastics and jigs. Some of our lakes over here plant rainbows in the cooler winter months, and they die out in the summer. but, while the hatchery trucks are serving dinner, the big largies put on the feed bag.

Don't know if you heard about it over there, but we had a 17# plus fish disqualified for a state record here recently, because the angler transported it in his live well to a certified scale, took a pic and then released it. It's against the law to transport live fish, so the record was disqualified. Stupid. Kinda knocks the heck out of catch and release.

Looks like you are doing some damage on the local trout pond over there. Have you given your new float-boat a serious workout yet?
[signature]
My donut is still Virgin Tube Dude. I will probably giver her here first dunk some time this month. I will try to hooksomething up with Baytuber out in here at Doheny State Beach where he says there is a grip of Halibut and White Sea-bass.

Check Check Baytuber...

Sorry to hear about your dad, we will say a prayer for him. Email me personally if there is anything I might assist with.

Fish Fish Fish TD, get out and sleigh some fish brother.!!!!!! It's therapeutic.
[signature]
[cool]'Preciate the kind words. Got things pretty well under control, at this point and I do plan to stretch my string soon.

Gotta suggestion on your tubin'. If you let Kiyo get your cherry with a big halibut...or WSB...you might as well hang up your craft. Ain't never gonna get no better. You might want to break it in on some trash fish, like trout or something. And, if you hang a big ol' 'but on your virgin voyage, you gonna have to have that Smile surgically removed from your face.

I'll accept your prescription, Dr. Booyaa. Fishing is a good cure for a lot of ailments. As a doctor friend of mine used to say: "you can fish...or you can worry. But, you can't fish AND worry."

Good luck on that first venture. I wish I could get a video of the rookie getting launched for the first time. That's always a fun rite of passage. It's even more fun coming back in after the surf has built a bit. I've seen some stuff that would have won some prizes on funny video shows.
[signature]
LMAO Tube Dude,

You can count on Kiyo punking me out with a video camera Im sure. I am pretty wide open about where I get my donut dipped. Any body of water that crosses my path when the fish are biting.

I sit back and laugh TD thinking about my first time fishing a float tube, jigging a White Tady 4/0 glow jig for WSB or a Halibut and getting slammed by a phatty yellowtail. YeeeeHHHAAAAAAAA
[signature]