Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Vacation Bassin On The Snake River! PICTS!
Hello all from Idaho! I have been visiting the in-laws since Sunday and have been whacking the fish! My son has been steadily out fishing me and the bassin' has never been this great!

We are fishing the Idaho side of the Snake River. The Weiser River is a smaller river that spills in to the Snake River. No friggin digital camera! The smallmouth have been anywhere from 10 inches to 4lbs! We are averaging 30-50 fish per trip out. My in-laws live right in Weiser right on the Snake River. It's about a 2 minute drive.

Man, vacations are cool!
[signature]
That river is awesome! There is what like 43 species of fish in there? I think i've caught about 20 of them. Need more time on it.[Sad]
[signature]
That sounds like a lot of fun... Wish I was up there!!! [laugh]
[signature]
[cool]That looks like a lot of fun! Question. Do they have Walleye in thatbig 'ol river? I'd imagine they do since the Columbia does, but just wondering...
[signature]
Oh Yeah! The Walleye in there are nice fish! I have caught my share of them as well.
[signature]
I've also heard rumors they have sturgeon in there. I have fished for the bass a few times, but I must not know how to fish for them because I can catch a bass almost every cast, but the largest are not even close to the size of the fish in your photos.
[signature]
Cliff are you saying you caught Walleye in the Snake River? If so where? I have fished Brownlee and Oxbow many times and never caught walleye. Also kent those pics of the nicer smallies are from Oxbow. Oxbow is managed for a better quality of fish (smallmouth) I believe the limit is only 2 under 16 inches so that keeps the meat fisherman away. I always liked Oxbow, it can really be a blast when you get a good top water bite going. Brownlee on the other hand has so many smallmouths in it that you have to weed thru them to catch the bigger ones. But when it come to smallmouth their all fun to catch. [Smile]
[signature]
My walleye experience is small but I have caught some nice ones around Ontario Oregon. Brownlee Reservoir also has some small population.
[signature]
I'll call IDFG tomorrow and ask about the walleye in Brownlee. I'm not saying it's not true it's just the first time I've heard of it. If they do I know that they are not fishable numbers. I have never heard of any one catching a walleye out of Brownlee and I live in Idaho. Tho I did just see some pics of some beautiful walleye gill netted at the mouth of the Pack River (Lake Ponderay) this spring by the DWR. Looks like a fishing trip up north for next year!! Can you say "First Annual Sandpoint Walleye Classic"? Sounds like music to my ears LOL.[Smile]
[signature]
It would be just like my going in to the DWR Office in Springville ... 1999 and asking about the Largemouth Population in Utah Lake. They laughed at me and said they don't exist in there.

Good luck with that bro. [cool]

Sounds like a Sandpoint Event would be very cool!
[signature]