Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH FLOATILLA UPDATES
[cool][#0000ff]I added this to the sticky thread at the top, but just in case there are folks who do not read the top part of the thread, here are some additional notes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[cool][#ff0000]Friday 7/7/06. Here are some last minute details. First, looks like the weather might mess up the evening fishing. Hope not. We will have fun anyway.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Second, for those who want to caravan down, we can meet up at the Lowe's Home Center on 4700 South, just west of I-15. The "bus" will leave at 6 AM. Stragglers will have to find their own way. Plan to be there about 5:45 for meetups, etc. We will be in the northwest corner of the lot, near the exit. [/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Bring your walkie talkies if you have them. We usually use channel 8.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]Even if fishing is not stellar, the fish fry is secure. We are bringing fillets and all the goodies to cook them. Hopefully we will all catch plenty of fish to take home too. I will be doing a filleting demo and will fillet fish for anyone who wants them.[/#ff0000]
[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[#ff0000]PS. I usually like to get on the water earlier than the time we will be getting there, but the reality is that the fishing often does not turn on until mid morning. So, let's just get there, take care of introductions and go fishing.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
It up to you...but I know that wife and I can be there (Lowes) earlier than 5:45 if needed. The earlier we get there the sooner I get to wet a line. Smile
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I also like to be on the water at daybreak, but in consideration of others who may not share our "infirmity", we will moderate a bit. As I have found recently, the cats are currently not on an early bite, so getting there too early only serves to feed the mosquitoes quicker.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be patient. Breathe through your nose. It will all be fine in the morning.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We'll see you at 5:45! I'll be driving a Silver F150 Supercrew.

Oh, and we'll be bringing fruit/fruit salad.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'll be in the white Jimmy, with the BFT sticker on the rear bumper.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, I'll be bringing some extra stickers for those who want/need them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll be at Bird Island haulin' in the big 'uns when you guys from up north leave the parking lot at Lowes. I'm only 15 minutes from LB so I can be there a little earlier. Hate to miss the early "introductions" but I'll be there for the important part... the grub and the filleting demo.
You guys have a safe trip.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It's okay to go earlier, and it's okay to go to Bird Island...to give the tubers some space. But, you better not come in with a bunch of big cats if we don't score too. Otherwise, the filleting demo might be on something other than a fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just kidding, of course. Hope you guys find some fishies and work them over good. Looking forward to meeting you later.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We will probably be there around 7ish.Gonna give lincoln a try this evening for some kitties.I hope to be tooning tomorow if the wind isnt to bad.
[signature]