Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7/6 Gorge Report....
Well me and my buddy got up bright and early ready to hit the lake with Jim... He took us out and showed us how to do things the right way!! (Ill come back to this later)... Anyway it was a beautiful morning calm water, and we were fishing. Both me and my buddy had a few hits but my hook set lets just say sucks (I prob look like a chicken with its head cut off cuz I am not doing it the way I need to)!! (i need lots of practice) And my buddies wasnt to far behind mine!lol... Anyway the clouds built and we were in a rain forest (prob an inch of rain in not very long) Jim kept us on fish all day with hits here and there but no catches!!! We fished hard and even fished in the rain! I hope to take what I have learned from Jim and practice practice practice so that when I go back some time with him I can catch one of them hits! Over all we had a blast on the lake.
[signature]
I'm sorry to hear you didn't stick any of those big toads. It sure is fun trying, though, isn't it! A real addiction.
[signature]
I know how excited you were about going,sorry you didn't hook up. At leastou know you were fishing with the best guide there is on the Gorge. I never fish jigs, and that's probably why I only catch smaller macs, but how can you drink beer, surf tha satellite radio, look at women on other boats with the binoculars, etc., if you have to concentrate that much. That's why I like trolling!!!
[signature]
them fish bite quick. sounds like a rough day. waves make it way tougher...
[signature]
Oh Man, that sucks. they sure bite fast and light thats for sure.
now that you have a good idea of how it's done and fast you have to be next time you will hook one. glad you had a good time.
later chuck
[signature]