Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah, so, I'm back...
Hey gang...
Well, well, well...it's been a mighty long time. I don't know who all here remembers me. It's been a little over two years. I used to post on a lot of forums as "Sturgeon Kid." Then I went on a mission for my church to Arizona for two years, and I just got back a few weeks ago. Anyways, just wanted to drop in a line and say hello. I'm working on getting the float tubes all rigged up again. Good to be back...
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Alex, of course we remember you. A couple of the folks on the Utah board were inquiring about you the other day. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope your time was well spent and that you were richly rewarded for your efforts. Good to have you back aboard and look forward to seeing some productive posts soon.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Where will you be living now?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat...
Good to hear from you again! So where in the world are you living now? I'm living in Santa Clara, Utah...that's right next door to St. George. So I've got Quail Creek, Gunlock, and Sand Hollow all at my doorstep. MuaHaHa! And uh, actually, funny story about being rewarded for my efforts in AZ. I have been rewarded like crazy! For instance, the very first day of fishing I had when I got home to CA (2 days after I got home)...I caught my biggest largemouth ever at 11.6lbs! Har!!!! If that's not a sign that the Lord was pleased with my work for the last two years...I dunno what is! It was great!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I don't know if you remember but I was on my way back to Salt Lake about the time you were headed for Arizona. We have been back here right about 2 years.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hey, you really did land in the "chosen land" when it comes to bassin'. That biggie could also be a new test for you. Now that you have caught one that big, you will be driven to catch another one even bigger. And, it is possible down there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will have to work out a meetup down there sometime. I want to hit Quail and Sand Hollow in the fall. Missed it this spring. Too many places to fish and not enough time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
So what do you know about tubin' around some of the lakes down here? Do you have any good suggestions about where to launch of a tube at Quail that would be close to some good bass holding areas?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I still haven't launched on Quail but I have "visited" and watched the wind blow the water sideways. I have driven around the lake and tried to figure out the best launching. It is a Utah State Park, so you have to pay a fee to drive down in for any of the camp areas or best launch sites. However, if you are into a short, steep trek, you can park free on the road at the NE end of the lake and take your gear (carefully) down a couple of trails.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]During the warm weather months, most of the bass are deeper. Best launching and fishing is from the ramp to the dam, and out into deeper water. Early in the year you can launch at the far north end of the park and kick up to the trees or across to the opposite bank. Just be sure you know that the wind will not come up and blow you to the dam before you can get back.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Before it gets too warm, and swarmed with power craft, there is good bassin' (and big crappies) around the flooded brush and trees at the inlet end. Later you have to go with deep Carolina rigs or drop shot. But, with the size of the fish in there, it is worth some effort.[/#0000ff]
[signature]