Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Lure for Kokanee
I recently went to the Flaming Gorge and tried a new line of lures for the Kokanee I was impressed to say the least!! My wife and I killed the kokes this time out the first trip this year was a learning experience this one was just plain fun we had a blast our largest koke went 3 to 3 ½ pounds it was the wildest Kokanee my wife ever caught! It jumped out of the water three times talk about a rush, what a kamikaze koke ! I will give the address of the lure manufacture the lures name is called the "French Ticklure" all color combos worked but the best was the white body with a silver green blade. You can find them at [url "http://www.catcreekproductions.com/"][#0000ff]www.catcreekproductions.com[/#0000ff][/url]
Good Fishing!
Don J.
[signature]
thanks for the address! it looks just like a wedding ring, scorpian spinner, teaspoon, etc. those beaded spinners work great! how did there hooks hold up? ive been tying my own beaded spinners for a few years now and use gamakatsu treble hooks most of the time. they last much better than most manufacturers standard hooks. again, thanks for the post- and glad you caught some good ones!
[signature]
Them are some nice looking lures.I really liked the orange with brass.I think they would work well for bows in the fall on the gorge .I just might have to break out the plastic and order a few.You mentioned that the last trip was a learning experince ,and this trip was just for fun.I try to make every fishing trip a learning experence,most of the time i learn that the fish are smarter then me.
[signature]
The bows sure liked them up in idaho we cought 14 rainbows and 2 kokanee about a month ago with these spinners they definitly liked what they saw, about the learning experience I agree it just happend to be more learning then caching the first time around
[signature]
About the hooks I think they held up great but I am with you about the gamakatsu I think they are a better built hook I use them on my home built lures and swear by them, not to many manufacturs use them however you should be able to replace them if you like I didn't really see the need to do it they where plenty sharp and held up well. In the future after a little more use that is what I will replace them with probably in the bleader series
[signature]