Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle?? Perch???
Hey folks, I'm heading up to Jordanelle in the morning. Does anyone know for sure if I can launch my boat? I don't mind busting up some ice. As long as it's not over a couple inches. Anyone know where the big Perch are during winter? Any info would be most greatly appreciated.
Went down to the warm springs at Lincoln beach today. Quite a bit of ice. The boat harbor has about an inch of solid clear ice. Could have busted it, but decided to shore fish and take it easy today. Caught one big sunfish. The water is coming up fast. The little island is under water and most of the rocks are getting wet.

Thanks, WalleyeBob
[signature]
Hey Bob,

I also fished the first spring, at Lincoln Beach, this afternoon around 4:30, for about a 1/2 hour. I only got one strike and had it on for aways and then it spit the hook. I don't know what it was, but was much larger than a white bass. I was pleased to see that the water has come up at least a foot!
[signature]
[Smile][#800000][size 4] Hey Bob, you can put in at the pwc ramp if the main ramp is iced up. It is opposite of the main ramp on the southside by the sandy beaches.[/size][/#800000]

[#800000][size 4]tommy[/size][/#800000]
[signature]
Before the cold snap you could definitley put in on the PWC ramp. But I havent been up there since. I bet the PWC ramp is still open but the main ramp may be iced in. Good luck, who knows where them perch are.
[signature]
Last fall they were in 20 to 30ft of water on the old road bed
on the north side of the lake. I hope you can get into the big ones, catch a few for me. WH2
[signature]
Sorry I got into this post late. Wiperhunter2 is right on the money. I fish from a tube in that area and south a little and catch all I want while bass fishing. As far as I'm concerned, Jordanelle is this states undiscovered perch spot with perch every bit as large as anywhere in the state.

Never fished for them this late. I've been toying with the idea of trying for some time now but am waiting for ice out. Would appreciate a report on how you did!

[crazy]Leaky
So Bob did you make it out today? How was the fishing and/or catching? WH2
[signature]