Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
It's about time I had a good dry whippin a fly. Numerous golden stones and caddis in the evening. Average fish was 12 to 15 inches. I would say the golden stones were about a size 14 or so. Anyone have a good pattern for these?

Thanks,

J
[signature]
glad you had fun!! sounds a little small for golden stones this year,they are usually 10-8 in size.
[signature]
They were definitely stones. They could have been a 10-12. The had greenish bodies, with flat clear wings. They had a real fluttering action when they flew into the brush. The fish were slamming them prior to the sun setting.
[signature]
Sounds like they are the "little yellow stonefly" or "yellow sally" as they are also called. Size 14 is usually what they are. They are just a smaller version of the golden stonefly, which is usually a size 10 or close to that size. If these little yellow sallys are in abundance, the trout can really feed heavily on them.
[signature]
what you getting them to hit on?
Hey J. A little off topic, but I have a few questions for you. Where on the Weber did you go and how come my phone never rings when you do go. Are you scared you might get out fished? [Wink]
T to the H
[signature]
You wish u had a hog-on.....anyway...when do u want to go?
[signature]
Any evening or weekend. Did I tell you I picked up a pontoon? I would like to use it some time soon. Let me know
[signature]
k well I still have tons of time I can take off before the end of sept......
[signature]