Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
Hey you all I haven't posted anything for a while (computer problems) but I was wondering if anyone could help me out? I am going to the Gorge next week and was wondering what are the fish biting on and what part of the lake are you cathing them? I have a boat and I am targeting all species ( Lake trout, Bows, Kokes, Bass and Browns) I need to catch all those species for my fishing contest with Neto and his buddys! I am planing to be around hide out canyon. Any info would be a great help![cool]
[signature]
slow down dude target one thing at a time . but if size dont mater hit Ray's cliff LOL[Tongue] or breeze hill, salmon fishing is hot and thay are nice 3+lbs is very possible ,hot spot flasher with a pink or green squid .so is the dink fishing (small MAC'S)3-10lbs and maybe a few lb's bigger all day long useing a green or brown 2-4'' tube and white's aint bad ON THE 65-80FT flat's around big bend. if ya want the bow's and brown's you better pull some lead line 3-4 color's with a tazzy or flat fish brite color's are the best as thay are for the koke's allso around big bend. if your looking for bass look in the rock's and throw crank's, the best has been craw's and shinner type bait's with a deep dive on a slow retreave south of big bend and big bend . try the north end of the lake good luck.FISH
[signature]
IF YOU DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT "FISHLEY" SAID YOU WILL CATCH FISH ALL DAY LONG!!!!!! ACTUALLY HE IS RIGHT....GOOD INFO, JUST HAVE TO SLAP WHEN I CAN, AND HE IS RIGHT THE KOKANEE FISHING HAS BEEN HOT.....I HAVE BEEN USING MY SOCKEYESLAYER WIDE EYED BUG AND HOOTCHIES AND KILLING THEM FROM UPPER MARSH NORTH TO BUCKBOARD...I WILL BE THERE IF YOU NEED ANYTHING
JARED JOHNSON/SOCKEYESLAYER
[signature]
If you want something 50 miles closer to Hideout than Buckboard, try mack fishing on the humps right in front of the Hideout campground, early and late in the day to avoid all the boat traffic. Fish are 70-100 feet. Jig 'em with tubes. Try the mouth of Carter Creek, a few miles down-lake from Hideout on your right, for rainbows, etc. Cooler water flowing in holds fish there, and the creek brings them food. Bass--any cove or rockslide in the lower lake. Broken rock or tiny coves with brush/grass.
[signature]
I've heard the name Breeze Hill a few times. Where is it?
[signature]
Thanks guys for the info Tarponjim I am staying at Carter creek so I will try that thanks for the offer stockslayer ... arron johnson / went fishin aka Netos cousin!
[signature]