Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on?
[pirate][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]What is with this hot weather? I thought that I left the heat of SOCAL desert behind. Here I am in Wyoming and the temperture is in the 90s. The Snake is about 58. Even the fish find it too hot to get excited about tackling my offerings. Tomorrow I just might do my wading in a bathing suit. How has the weather been in your area?[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
in connecticut,its been hot real HOT,97 with a heat index of 104
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hit 105 in Salt Lake last Saturday, but we were at 24 mile in Idaho. Hot there also. I was going to ask what everyone is doing to deal with the heat.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Henry's lake, which everytime I have gone there, I have gotten snowed on at least one day, was in the 90's.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]GLOBAL WARMING![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
If hell is this hot, I 'm going to repent!
[signature]
[unsure][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there flygoddess - I passed through SLC Sunday about 8:30am and it was already close to 90º. On Monday was going to stop in at Zion National Park. Unfortunately it was about 109º. [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17510;]Didn't dare leave my dog in the car even with the windows open. Oh well maybe another time. Just got out of my pool which was 86º and only heated by the sun.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I hear ya! And it isn't letting up. Dropped down to the high 90's for a couple of days, but the humidity went up also from the 5 minute thunderstorms making it even more miserable. Back up to the 100+ this weekend.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Stuck helping my parents move and won't get our new trailer till Sunday, but next weekend is the Uinta's for sure.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I spent the last couple of days fishing small mountain streams at 8,000+ feet near Granby Colorado. It was in the 40's at night and the low 80's in the middle of the day.

Saw a few deer, a few marmots, a cayote, a weasel, A bald eagle watching me fish, rabbit, squirrels, and one very big moose patiently waiting for us to get the heck out of his way.

On the way back to the Denver area we passed a stream that Jim had been wanting to check out for a long time. He did not know if there were any fish in there. We pulled off the road to take a look. I jumped out with our rods and jumped in the water in shorts and sandals right next to the road. My toes were immediately FROZEN. First drift and a small Cutbow greedly jumped twice before inhaling my gray wulff. 5 drifts later and 5 other small trout slashed at it. They did not want anything to do with the renegade trailing along behind it. Then we were on our way again to a spot I fished a week before that hot with Snake River Cutthroat.

That was the first time I have ever gotten into a high mountain stream with shorts and sandals. I will not be doing that again.

A half hour earlier we had also passed the Fraser River in the Fraser Valley but when we called the local fly shop near Winter Park the guy said that the afternoon temps of the water was above 75 degrees and thus they recommended that we fish it only in the early morning. We kept on driving.
[signature]
I'm in Fresno, it's always hot here. I am use to the heat, having grown up here, but when it gets over 110 I start really feeling it.

During the week or so it got REALLY hot my wife and I went on vacation to Arizona. And I've been telling everyone since we got back...

It's not everyday you go to Arizona to escape the heat.

P.S. I'll be posting a report of my trip right after I write this.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][red][size 3]Hey there Discman - if you said that you went to Death Valley to cool off then you must be living in Woodland Hills, Ca. Last week they hit 119º. Those folks that caught any fish didn't have to cook them. They were ready to eat.[Wink][/size][/red][/font]
[signature]