Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
17# Strawberry Rainbow
Wish it was my fish!!!! But anyway here is the article from Des news.

[url "http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view2/1,4382,640195742,00.html?textfield=Fish"]http://www.deseretnews.com/....html?textfield=Fish[/url]
[signature]
Nice fish, too bad the guy isn't holding the fish up length ways to get a better look at it. WH2
[signature]
Yes a very dissapointing picture! Hopefully more will turn up that are not 20 feet away! If I caught that fish I'd take about 100 pictures cause unless lightning strikes twice you are not catching a fish like that again!!! This is the second hawg that has come from the SC side in the last few months. Guess thats where the big bows play!
[signature]
Gosh people that get to fish Strawberry from a nice boat are so lucky.[angelic][angelic]
[signature]
[Wink]your killing me smalls![Smile] I gotta free up my schedule so we can go. I gotta hit willard once while its still good and then we can hit the Berry cause it will be good from now until its too cold to use the boat any more.
[signature]
Thanks for the post . And to think I fished the Strawberry side last week . That is going to stop right now . So far this year for me the bows have been bigger on the Creek side but not that big .
[signature]
I tell ya, name the day. Even on bad days we catch a few but one good days its amazing.
[signature]
I'm not even sure when I even caught my last Bow at the Berry. Its been too long ago. I think I got one this last winter.

I'm just as happy to play with 20-30 cutts a day even if they are not 17 pounds. But I would love to tie into a nice big bow every now and then!

HA- whats your biggest Bow out of Strawberry?
[signature]
Sure is a dandy!
[signature]
Ya, I can't believe that guy caught MY fish!!! LOL[Tongue]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]That's one heckuva fish! I think the mullet has something to do with his presentation that evoked that fish to hit his bait.[Tongue][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
My biggest after the poison has been around 4 pounds at 24" and I've caught about a dozen of them at that size one year on a fly rod . Still looking for one over 5# since the poison treatment but did land a 6# before they poisoned it . I've caught about 10 bows so far this year with most of them being dinks .
[signature]
What a HOG!! sure wished I had a downrigger[Sad]
[signature]
[cool]True 'dat, yo, but for those of us poor folk, you still have a decent chance of getting a big bow through the ice if you go to the Soldier Creek Side of the lake with minnow meat attached to your tubejig. Best time to go though is probably on a weekday when the masses aren't there. Or on a Saturday when the lake first freezes like early-mid December. The masses don't start showing up on the ice at 'da berry till about New Years or later...
[signature]