Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Pond, Willsboro, NY
Does anyone have any info on fishing Long Pond near Willsboro, NY?
[signature]
A Big Welcome to you dfortyo !!!! So far I don't have an answer for you about Long Pond but I have put the question out there and as soon as I get something I'll pass it on to you. What other lake do you fish? We're always looking for new input. I fish as much of the state as the gas jprices will let me. Chief
[signature]
upstateNYfisher,
Thanks for the reply. I joined nybass.com but can't figure out how to put a post on the bulletin board. Can you give me some insight on how to do it?
dforty
[signature]
Long Pond is stocked annually with a good number of brook and brown trout, so you shouldn't have a very hard time getting trout, i think there are also bullhead, white sucker, and sunfish in the also. If i remember correctly there are no motors allowed on the lake.

If you're still looking for info on the lake, i hope this will help you out.

Phil
[signature]
I think you are talking about Long Pond Lake not Long Pond. From what I gather there are no trout in Long Pond but a good supply of LM & SM Bass and Pike. I was looking for someone that has fished the Pond and could give me some insights on catching both species.
Dforty
[signature]
Trout were stocked in Long pond [Ticonderoga] and [North Elba] There are a number of long ponds across the state.
[signature]
The Long Pond that I'm inquiring about is just northwest of Willsboro, NY. Due east of Lake Champlain. In Essex County.
[signature]
Both of these Long Ponds are in Essex county. Chief
[signature]