Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice rod for sturgon
thanks for the info there mr. hopper , this is one project i want to be proud of . and i live within a couple hours driving time to try it out . i'm going to do a step by step photo spread of the process . this is one of thoes heirlooms that is gonna be pased down i hope . i've already picked up some liquid gold to put gramps name and dates on the rod . it's a 5-1/2 foot ice rod with a black plastic butt , about a 14"oak buttstock a 6" oak forestock , aluminum reel seat ,a galvinised clasp that is attached to the shank of the rod blank , the rod blank is black and has plenty of backbone , it has three guides including the tip , i'm increasing them to 9 including the tip . i found the additinal matching guides at a old hardware store a few years back and only paid a buck for them . the original threadwork is a drab green with a gold or silver ribbon at the ends . most of the restoration seems like it should be simple , fancy threadwork is going to be the challenging part .

this progect also gives me an excuse to buy some more extra fly tyeing hardware , is there anyplace where you can buy small decals of the target fish species to adhere to the rod blank ? thanks , lonehunter
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
ice rod for sturgon - by lonehunter - 02-11-2003, 03:07 AM
Re: [plecopterahopper] ice rod for sturgon - by lonehunter - 02-11-2003, 09:42 PM