Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ice rod for sturgon
[cool] I asked my wife if she would still love me when I became old, feeble and wrinkled. She said "Sure I do".

You might look at the other thread on the use of color preservers for your thread. If you haven't wrapped rods before, you are not likely to be prepared for the tendency of many threads to darken and discolor when you coat them with a finish. To prevent thism tiy apply two or more coats of "color preserver" liquid. It also darkens the thread on the first coat, but dries to the thread's original color...if you didn't use too much, and if you let it dry long enough between coats. Only after the thread has absorbed enough color preserver that it does not blotch or change color with a new coat is it ready for the final finish coat.

My point: with a treasure like that family heirloom you want to go slow and make sure you do everything right the first time. Oh sure, you can always strip it down and redo it...but why would you want to.

Do you have any rodwinding tools? If not, shoot me a PM and I can suggest some "poor man's" tools and shortcuts. Unless you plan to make rod wrapping a part of your tackle craft mix. Then, investing in the right tools will make things go easier and you will end up with more professional looking sticks.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
ice rod for sturgon - by lonehunter - 02-11-2003, 03:07 AM
Re: [lonehunter] ice rod for sturgon - by TubeDude - 02-12-2003, 01:01 AM