Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 7-27 pm
Hit the lake a little before 9 pm with my brother to try and catch some of the big cats some people at work had been showing him pictures of. As we kicked out to where we were going he was asking if I usually stay still or drag my bait along. I told him you could do both but was interupted as he got a bite and landed about a 26 in channel. Not to bad for his first cat. A couple of more bites and I thought we were going to have a hot night. Not so.

About ten the white bass found our minnows and I caught one of the bigest white bass I have evere seen. My brother caught two small ones and then nothing again. A few light taps but nothing.

Around eleven I moved back in close to the reeds and started using a lighted bobber. Had a 22 inch cat come to play that pulled me around for about ten minutes. That was a lot of fun and then called it a night. Had what was probably a white bass take my bait on the way in for just a second. Not a bad night but could have used some more action.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. How big did the white bass go?
[signature]
How were the bugs at night off your tube/toon
[signature]
The white bass was about 15 1/2 inches. My brothers were about 10. The bugs were pretty thick just after the sun went down until a small breeze came up and made it a nice night. As soon as you turned a light on you were back in the bugs though so we fished dark as much as possible.
[signature]
Nice report. We need some white bass up farther north. The ones in Bountiful pond are pretty much gone i think. I caught some nice ones out there years back.
[signature]