Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Berry Good Day
Hit the Berry yesterday, Thurday July 27 and the moon phase was good to us. The fish were active and the bite was good all day until the wind hit us hard at 2 pm. We trolled most of the day and four of us caught over 40-50 fish. We boated a couple of 21-22 inchers, many 18, 19 and 20 inchers and more small cuts than we did last year. Small meaning 15 and 16 inches. It's nice to see that there are some smaller cuts in that lake. The spawning cuts are doing their job.
Anyway, we threw wedding rings, needlefish and tube jigs. All seemed to work but the hot ticket by far was the double wammy wedding ring in chartruse. I had on a white tube jig and was not catching as many until I put on the secret scent fish juice. Once I did that, oh baby, watch out. I had almost constant action. What a difference that made. I highly recommend this secret fish goo to anyone going to Strawberry. This is the first scent I have used that made a big difference.
We caught one nice rainbow, and for the first time ever, we caught a couple of chubs trolling. What is up with that? Very strange. Anyway, we had a great day on Strawberry. I only wish the wind would stay away.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing... I gotta get up there. [Sad]
[signature]
so what is secret scent fish juice???
[signature]
IT ALWAYS BLOWS AT DA BERRY AT 2 PM. YOU CAN SET A WATCH BY IT MOST DAYS. WHEN IT STARTS BLOWING HAUL BUT FOR THE NARROWS. ITS FISHABLE ALL DAY EVEN DURRING THE HIGHEST WINDS. MOST DAYS THE WIND STOPS JUST BEFORE 8 PM.
[signature]
I thought you would never ask. Finally a brave soul to venture a question that needs an answer.

ProCure - Trophy Trout Gravy. Available at Sportsman's Warehouse

Marvelous!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the info.... I am taking my wife up to the berry tomorrow.. we will be on pontoon boats and will be fishing jigs (i think)... any suggestions as to where we should go.. thanks ahead of time for the help...
[signature]
We caught quite a few fish out from Hawes Point. That was very good yesterday. There were alot of fish in that area. When I take out my kick boat I usually go to rengegade but I have not heard too many good reports about that area lately. Also, I hear that the knolls and ladders have been good for jigging. You should ask MGB for information. He is the king of jigging for cuts at the berry. A couple of days ago he had a great post about jigging and where he went.
[signature]
I fished renegade on wednesday without a bite... I fished the ladders on tuesday and caught two.. I am just figuring out this whole tube jig thing... can I get to some good area on my toon at haws point???
[signature]
Yes, just lauch on the south side of Hawes by the small wood building and float out toward the Strawberry Marina a hundred yards or so. There are good number of fish there. Also, you can drift east toward the point at Hawes and find fish where the water drops off deep. Good luck!
[signature]
I knew I should have tried the Trophy Trout yesterday, I even had it in my tackle box. I used the sweet corn scent because I was hoping to catch some kokanee, later I tried the shrimp scent. WH2
[signature]