Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WF 4-5-6 wt Floating fly line choices? Whats best and whats just overpriced?
[reply]

The Armorall thing, I have always heard do not put a pertrolium product on pertrolium product. It might not hurt your line, but what is it doing to the water? .........................

........................ Though your concern is valid it may be out of place. If you are concerned about that little bit of petroleum I presume that you don't use a silcone based floatant or oil based floatant and don't use nylon tippet or flourocarbon tippet. We leave a lot more of that in the environment that what one leaves armorall on the water. In the least Any of that is going to take several life to degrade. ........................ I have two Cortland 444 5wt lines that have lots of micro cracks in the front 10 ft of line. Lots of dirt in the cracks that I can not wash out. the first 3 feet of line will not float unless I keep coating with floatant. Same problem with a Rio 5wt. Replaced it this year with an inexpensive Orvis double taper line I found on sale some where.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [flygoddess] WF 4-5-6 wt Floating fly line choices? Whats best and whats just overpriced? - by Scruffy_Fly - 08-24-2006, 06:46 PM