Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Lake, Valparaiso 7-29-06
Got an invite to fish Long Lake in Valparaiso Saturday...not the most optimum time to be on the water, but I rarely turn down a chance to go fishing. The time slot was between 5pm and 9pm...on an extremely hot day - this made for a tough day of fishing.

Tried a Little Lures Frog in the pads, and a Bettencourt Baits Rodent too...no luck, switched out the two rods for a Cavitron Buzz Bait and the other for a Kinami Tiki worm, T-rigged weightless and set up a spinning rod with light line and a T-rigged Yum Dinger. We worked heavy weed cover in both shallow and deep water to no end.

Finally, around 8pm I took a small bass, swimming the Tiki worm in shallow water between the heavy pads and the heavy weed cover...that was the extent of our trip, no more fish after that.

No other boats on the lake appeared to be doing any better, not even the boaters who reside on the Lake - this was not a good sign.

bring on the cooler weather!

[Image: LongLake.jpg]
[signature]
with out a doubt you are doing better than me, the best I've been able to do is look at the lake from my roof...
[signature]
Even in all this heat I'm trying to get out at least 3 times a week
[signature]