Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
star valley
I know this is a Utah forum but i thought i would ask any way. I am going camping this upcoming weekend in i believe the star valley in wyoming. my grandparents want to camp on the grey river, and well of course i want to do some fishing. I was hoping some of you guys would have some insight on this area. The only water i know up in that area is the south fork but unfortionatly i dont have a drift boat and heard it is tuff wading. Any help or advice would be great.
[signature]
The greys is a wonderful dry fly fishery,use the basics and you will have a fun time. joes hopper,parachute adams,royal humpy,black ant.
This is a good place to ask such a question.
[signature]
There is so much to fish up there. I would add take a caddis when you fish the Grey's. You can have a ball up there. The Salt River is a good bet too. Just be careful wading there, you can be up to your knees and in a foot be over your head. Great fishing though. There's a lake called Cottonwood lake that is a fun fish. You'll have a ball.
[signature]
thanks for the help are the other places mentioned close by. I will be up there late friday night until late afternoon sunday. i just want to spend a little time on the greys because i have been hearing stories from my grandpa about its clarity andfish for several years now. but i would like to venture around a little. thanks again for the help
[signature]
Cottonwood is a little ways away from the Grays. The Canyon is by Smoot. There's a sign to get there and there's a stream full of fish. The bugs are awful this year...so take bug repellent and a mesh screen if you have it.
[signature]