Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone using permethrin?
With ticks and chiggers being so bad, I tried using permethrin on my clothing this year...it's a pretty simple process - I sprayed my shoes (outside only), the uppers of my socks, pants (all, paying special attention to the openings, and a couple shirts - followed the instructions provided to a T and the end result is this...I've had one tick this year (pre permethrin) and no ticks after treating my fishing clothing.

Considering that I'm a shore fisherman 95% of the time, walking through brush and tall grasses along the banks where ticks are prevelent, I think this stuff is great! Combined with a little 100% DEET on the back of my hands, neck and the underneath side of the brim of my hat I haven't even gotten a mosquito bite yet either.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Yes, permathrin is good stuff for keeping the ticks at bay. However, does it really work for chiggers ? We don't have chiggers out here in Utah, but I grew up with them in Missouri - back then, there was no permathrin available(that I ever knew of) - we just got ate by the nasty little buggers. [/size][/black]
[signature]
where I normally fish there a lot of mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, black flies, deer flies, and yellow jackets...for the entire year, the score is one tick prior to permethrin; one mosquito bite and one yellow jacket sting - both the mosquito bite and the yellow jacket sting were while wearing clothes that weren't treated with the permethrin.

do I think it will work wonders for you? absolutely!
[signature]