Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tube Anchor Pulley
An interesting tube attachment...

[url "http://www.thefloattubestore.com/accessor.htm"]Float tube anchor pulley[/url]

z~
[signature]
Pretty good idea and almost looking like what I thought of. I made mine out of the chalk line and got a brass for a weight. It takes off for the bottom when I press on the handle very fast! Got to hold on the thing! Last time my son didn't really take my warnings about it going to pop out of his hands and he lost it at the blink of the eye! Then that's why I add a loop so it can be hooked to the tube rather than flying away! When u want to move to another spot just reel it in and again that's fast coming in! Since I got those nice fins and I noticed I can control staying in one spot. I haven't gave those fins a try in a windy day to see yet.... Hope the photo shows....
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Every time I have tried using an anchor on my tube it gets in the way or a fish wraps around the line, etc.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I stand by my original and oft-repeated statement: "If it gets windy enough that I need an anchor, I will head for the shore."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That does look like a nifty bit of engineering though...for those who might wanna try one.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[#0000ff][cool][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I stand by my original and oft-repeated statement: "If it gets windy enough that I need an anchor, I will head for the shore."[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[/reply]
Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You always pick on us little guys.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually, the reason I choose not to fish in the wind is more a matter of fishing style than inability to hold position. Much of my fishing is done with light tackle and small lures. When the wind starts whipping around, it puts a bow in the line (even downwind) and makes it difficult to detect the often subtle ticks of an inquiry. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That being said, I have made many an epic voyage upon the waters during some pretty hairy weather conditions. I have taken big water over my bow/stern more than once while trying to fish...or get back to shore against the "perfect storm".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All a matter of preference. I move around and fish light. Anchors just don't fit into my scheme of things.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm gonna tell my mommy that you called me a wimp. Sniff, sniff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[cool][#0000ff]You always pick on us little guys.[/#0000ff] [/reply]
[cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
I used a 50 foot rope and made a pulley system uising three pulleys and a clothesline tightener. I use it pretty much at Strawberry Reservoir in Utah for it can get windy up there early in the morning. There are two pulleys so as to make it hang off the rear of the craft. The clothesline tightener makes it easly to release and pull up.
[signature]
Hey ALBT,

Do you have a picture of that setup?

zonker
[signature]
I have the two pullies also. My anchor hangs inder my seat. Have a little black clip just infront of my foot rest on the frame that has a groove in the middle with teeth to hold the rope.
[signature]
Pictures pictures pictures!!!!! Please!!!!
[signature]
My first anchor was a lead pipe filled with lead. I hated it. Now I have a really nice lightweight folding anchor with flukes that fold flat for storage. It's really easy to store on the tube. I don't hate it but I certainly leave it in the car a lot.

I have read that being anchored is a big plus when indicator/chironomid fishing but I still prefer to maintain position with my feet. Someone would have to anchor beside me and seriously outfish me with chironomids before I wouold be convinced of the necessity of an anchor.

Hey Pat "flipping my cookies" worked. Thanks for the tip.
[signature]
I will have to get back to you on the pictures of the anchor. Got pictures of everything else[crazy]
[url "http://www.pbase.com/albot/cardiac_pics"]http://www.pbase.com/albot/cardiac_pics[/url]
[signature]
[reply]
Hey Pat "flipping my cookies" worked. Thanks for the tip. [/reply]

Should I ask?

z~

P.S. Hey Don, Have you been to RI yet?
[signature]
I'm lazy, and if its between trying to concentrate on holding position, or just dropping anchor....I'll anchor. Its nice for holding to structure so I can work every stick, pocket and dark spot.

Flygoddess:
That's one slick 'toon.

I might just find a way to mount some form of cleat.
[signature]
[reply]
That's what you do just before signing on as "GUEST". [/reply]

[cool]Ah yes. I know that trick well - as you no doubt have observed. Just never called it that. I'm the undisputed king of guest posts.

Catfish on the fly. Never been able to get that done. Of course, I've never tried on purpose. If I were around some that I knew of I would certainly try.

I'm looking forward to cooler weather to perk up the trout in our club ponds. They're all very sluggish now - so much so that I don't even fish for them. But fall is coming, then the rainy winter season when I get them all back to myself.

Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back from RI. Hope to see some pics, too. Don't forget your camera.

z~
[signature]
Here is some quick shots of my anchor system. The clip hooks to
the anchor which is not on for transporting.

1. Clip with rope
2. Clip without rope
3. two pullies with rope
4. Rear pullie, under seat
5. Front pullie, off of clip that holds oar towers.
[inline "anchor 001.jpg"]

[inline "anchor 002.jpg"]
[inline "anchor 003.jpg"]

[inline "anchor 004.jpg"]
[inline "anchor 005.jpg"]
[signature]