Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pineview and willard combo last friday
Well I finally decided to to try for the willard pineview combo on last friday. We started out at Pineview around 8:45 and fished north of the boat docks in the brush. Slayerace came along for the ride (my friend that was suposed to come had to opt out at the last minute). Anyway the fishing was really really slow. Randy managed two small tigers on chartreus spinnerbaits and we both caught a couple of small mouth, but the catching was far less that the fishing was. We finally just sat and caught a few decent perch waiting for evening to hit and head for willard. We arived at willard around 4:30 and roamed around by the feed lots and found a few very small boils, but they were over almost as fast as they started and we couldn't even get a nibble. I did manage to catch one baby wiper while trolling. Finally the sun started going down and the wind kicked up so we headed in and waited in line for almost an hour while all the boats got out of the water and we got our turn to get out. (wow there were a lot of boats). We did find one 22" wiper fighting for his last breath in the harbor (either a prop job or somebody lost him) so we scooped him up in the net. Oh well better luck next time,
jed
[signature]
Jed, did you launch at the North Marina (can't imagine one having to wait that long to get a boat out of the water at the South Marina)?
[signature]
one would think the south would be the better marina, but I actually did launch at the south marina. I guess it was just the sudden change in weather,
jed
[signature]
It was pretty busy tonight but not longer than 5 minute wait.
[signature]