Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chickened out.....
I ordered the factory rod holder (one) and oar keepers for my 'toon
[url "http://www.creekcompany.com"]http://www.creekcompany.com[/url]
The rod holder will be used for trolling and as a spot to keep the rod when I'm doing something else. Still keeping the behind the seat setup, but I've got some modifications to make down the road to that.

Anyone (Utah) 'tubing or 'tooning labor day weekend? I'm thinking about taking off for the day on that sunday. Somewhere, preferably warm water, where there isn't a large powersquadron (or maybe closed to power boats?)....maybe Pelican?????
Also, my birthday is Sept 24th. I'm leaning towards a weekend camping trip to Quail Creek Reservoir...anyone interested in joining me?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Many of the factory model rod holders are great for both rod storage and trolling. You can always think up your own PVC designs as you get more familiar with your toon and your fishing needs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I usually do not like to go out and "play with the amateurs" on holiday weekends. It is tough to find "pristine" fishing when all of the wackos are out trying to cram in as much fun as they can over a long weekend.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You may want to rethink the 24th of September too. There will be some good fishing closer to home then, but those basses down there are mighty tempting. The big crappies in Quail Creek should turn on in the fall too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That is about the time I will be spending more time on Yuba. The fathead minnows swarm the rocks around the dam and the big rainbows, walleyes, perch and pike all show up for the feast. It was great last year, for bows up to 8 pounds and several pike.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Strawberry, being much cooler water, means no jet skiers/water skiers or at least not many.
I am heading to the Continnental Divide for the HOG's labor day weekend.
[signature]
Quail CreeK?! that's way down south. I caught a 22" Largemouth my first and only time I have been there. I was in my SFC and caught it on a 4wt. I thought I was caught on a rock till I saw this mouth big enough to put my whole fist in.
I have only been to Pelican one weekend. It is about 45 minuts to an hour from the Lodge I work at. Caught some monster BG's in there. And on a full flex rod, it is the best.
Don't know about rec vehicles being up there. Not much camping area, which could be a plus.
That is why I go Strawberry on holidays. Way to big to have any problems.
Good luck on your choice.
[signature]