Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Vally / Echo Canyon
Im thinking about heading up there in the next week or so curious if anyone has been up there recently? I do see the reports once in a while but i just wanted to see if anyone had any personal reports. Wonder if its worth to go up there and how long is it aprox from vegas? Thanx ahead of time
[signature]
Dear Kurve:

Eagle valley is the closest , nicest place to camp in Nevada. If you are an accomplished power bait & worm fisherman, you will limit out everyday. If you have little kids or like to eat Wasatch Lobsters yourself then bring a chunk of frezzerburned meat or an old piece of chicken and a regular landing net. There is a dock to fish off of if you like. The campgrounds are nice & clean with hot showers (the upper loop shower was not working a month ago) If you go on a regular weekend (fri night) you should get a site.It is about 190 miles away. You can also fish from the outflow stream combat/jungle style. Bonnie & Al’s is a bar with real beer (sorry Utah) & ice. Pioche is (you will go through it, kind of) is about 20 miles before EV & has history & Pioche Day’s on Labor day weekend (verify).

Vince
[signature]
Finally got a chance to drive up to Eagle Valley, personaly its a nice little lake but id rather drive the 3 hours to utah and fish. Caught about 15 - 20 fish all ranging from 8 - 10inches nothing bigger all rainbows. I heard that they had Browns and Tiger trout up there as well but didnt catch a single one. On the dock there were a lot of algae blooms which didnt prevent the fish of biting the bait. Only thing that worked for me was powerbait especially berkleys powerballs they seems to stay on the hook longer and fish seemed to like them even more, mostly as i slowly reeled it in. Spinners that usually work for me in utah didnt have any effect on the fish in this lake. I was going to put on the waders get on to the mouth of the river that runs into the lake and fly, but i was convinced that most of the fish i would catch would be the ones they just stocked. Someone told me the week before they stocked 7000 fish but seemed to all be in the small range. Any way ill stop going on i definatly enjoyed it but i definatly prefer going up to utah to fish atleast the fish there are a tad bigger lol.
[signature]