Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jen Carroll's Lake Norman Tour Details
Hello Fellow Big Fishers!

First off, I was so happy to be able to walk across the stage for weigh in and announce to everyone that I was able to fish the Pro position and thank my sponsors BOATS.net and bigfishtackle.com!

I received a lot of publicity this tournament and was so happy to be able to promote my sponsors. Had I fished the first two tournaments as a pro and caught the exact same weight as I did for Lake Norman, I would be sitting in 39th place overall for angler of the year standings! Next year though right? I’ll fish all of them pro and be able to rack up points for each stop.
I ended the first day in 36th place out of 100. I caught a 2.9 lb. bass which was one of the bigger bass caught this tournament. It was a challenging lake as 19 Pro’s didn’t catch anything either day. Even in the men’s Elite series top 12 finalists, only 1 angler caught a full bag of 5 fish! I was really lucky to have caught what I did and finished above some well known ladies in the field! Someone once told me that if fishing were
predictable or easy, I wouldn't be doing it...and it's so true!
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
The lake was huge with each finger bigger than some lakes I've fished! I started out the day fishing rip rap next to the main channel. There were no takers so I moved to my next spot on a pipeline outrigger that was right off of the main channel. I caught my bass on the shady side of the pipeline at 8:00am. I used a red shad worm Texas rigged on 10 lb. test.

[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]When the bass hit the worm and surfaced, my first thought was "oh my gosh...there is some weird genetic mutation thing going on with this bass!" The nuclear power plant is right on the lake so I was scared that he might have a third eye too! When I landed him in the boat and took a closer look, I saw that he had been injured and his lower jaw was split completely into two pieces! It was really Sad but I threw him in the live well anyway!
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
My second day out, I stayed with the pattern I had found. Three different times I spotted three huge bass in less than six feet of water. Come to find out, they were cruising bream beds in 88 degree water! I stayed off of them since the water was so clear and gently worked the worm to no avail. They just weren't interested in feeding.
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
On my way back to the ramp after several sights but no landed bass, I thought "no one is going to believe me when I tell them about the bass I saw!" Fortunately, several other girls said they saw the same thing. In addition, three of the Elite Men also said the same thing about how they saw huge bass cruising but none of them would bite.
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]I had an incredible time and can't wait for the next tournament on Lake Dardanelle in Russellville, AR August 24th-26th! I feel confident on this lake and hope to place well each day.

Thank you for your ongoing support! Don’t forget to follow the Russellville tournament and Bull Shoals in September!
[signature]
[url "http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm801BNUS"][Image: 36_1_55.gif][/url] Great job Jen.

[url "http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb092_ZNxdm801BNUS&utm_id=7920"][Image: sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb092&pp=ZNxdm801BNUS][/url]
[signature]
You kick ass Jen! Keep up the good fishing! We are all rooting for you on this end. Thanks for keeping us posted
[signature]
Thanks for your inputs Mary!!!!! Feel free to keep us posted on your progress. Myself and the other BFT'rs would love to see how our fellow anglers are doing in the tourneys!!

Maybe next time you'll score higher and start making your way towards the top 5[cool]
[signature]