Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new to the bow
I just bought me a new pse bow thought i would try bow hunting this year any comments or help is appreciated thanks
[signature]
[Smile] A couple things first ? How old are you , and what kind of cover will you be hunting ( Terrain ) ?
[signature]
ID GO BUY A BOOK CALLED HUNTINGOPEN COUNTRY MULE DEER BY DWITCH SCHUW....... ITS THE BIBLE FOR ME AND ALOT OF OTHER VERY HAPPY HUNTERS. AS FAR AS THE TREE STAND ITS A WAY PRODUCTIVE WAY AS WELL. IVE SHOT DEER FROM A STAND ITS COOL WHEN THEY WALK RIGHT UNDER YA. IN A STAND YOUR LIMMITED TO THE DEER THAT COMES TO YOU. ON THE GROUND YOU PICK THE DEER THATS BIG ENOUGH FOR YOU TO GO FOR. MOORE SHOTS AT THE DEER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. MOORE BIG BUCKS ON THE WALL. SOME GUYS DO IT BOTH WAYS AND SPOT FROM A DISTANT RIDGE FOR A COUPLE DAYS WATCHING THE BUCKS THEN MOOVE IN THE NIGHT BEFORE. SET UP SLEEP JUST OVER A CLOSE BY RIDGE. I KNOW A KID THAT SHOT A MONSTER BUCK THAT WAY. ITS NAME UTAH WIDE LOAD. JUST BUY THAT BOOK!!!!!!
[signature]
[cool]Nice! Which PSE did ya get? I just bought one myself.
[signature]
i will check that book out
[signature]
it is a pse fire flight 33 doesnt seem to be a bad bow
[signature]
[cool]Same exact bow I just bought. I love mine. Where did ya get it? Got mine a cabela's, package deal with sights, arrow rest and 4 carbon arrows. I opted to change out the arrow rest for a whisker biscuit because I have had the occassional arrow fall out of the traditional type rest.
[signature]
you both bought awsume bows.... ive shot pse bow for over 15 yrs had 3 differnt kinds as my skills and budget grew. i still have a fire flight. also a baby g. they are the most forgiving bows on the maket. dry fires explode most all bows limbs. but not pse,s. my first fire flight express was drie fired a ton due to wether rotted nocks. never tweeked or cracked eater limb. then i sold it to chucks sun in law and he still has it. should have save it for my son. on the rest i know what yr saying with the arrows falling off. its created when the bow is not held strait up and down. most imes becaulse of draw wheight. to mutch poundage for the shooter. i lernd it the hard way.. thats why i know.. try drawing down on something and having it fall off. you have 2 choices at that point. redraw or use the tounge ya thats right your tounge to lift it back on the rest while at full draw. o i wish i was going this yr. my guts are turning constantley as of late knowing i cant hunt. broken back with torn liggiments. t boned at 50 mph. so one lifetime licence holder is burning his tag this yr.
[signature]