Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do u ....
get in the round tube with the fins on? I had to sit on the tube and get the fins on then stand up and "fish" the fins/feet's into the opening then the pick up the tube and snap on the strap that holds the seating and walk backwards until I'm just deep enough to sit down and start flipping the fins....pretty much a balancing act...
[signature]
BGMan,

I think you got it right. It helped me to get in while on shore then back into the water. A gentle slope is best by far. Be sure you unsnap the crotch strap before putting your feet in. Then snap it while standing up. Over the years I spent in a round tube, that's pretty much how I did it. In fact, it is quite a balancing act that can be rather funny to watch from the safety of the shore. I can recall times when I was backing into the water and lost my balance. The best way to handle that is to quickly sit down. Getting out is the reverse of getting in.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I laugh every time I see an "expert" on TV try to show people how to get into a tube while wearing fins. WRONG[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Set your tube on the shore, next to the water. Put your fins down inside, facing forward, with the tips under the front of the tube. Step into the fins, sit down on the back of the tube and pull the straps on.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now, stand up and back carefully into the water, holding the tube up around your waist. Fasten the crotch strap before sitting down and motating.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Now do you see why most of us prefer the open ended tubes?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 1]"Now do you see why most of us prefer the open ended tubes"[/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 1][/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 1]Amen "bubba" (I mean brother) [/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 1][/size][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][size 1]You said they were the same but it doesn't quite sound right.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
MMMM but what about those ponds that I go to aren't "tappered" land to the water? Those drop as sharp as ten feet right at the edge of the water! Those lakes are a coal strip mines which is why I had to do it this way. One time (last week) I got stuck in the mack and it was hard to try to put the fins on out in the water. I can't seem to reach for them. It's easy to do sitting on the kitchen chair with nothing in front of you but it's a different story in the water with that balloon tube in front you and blocking your way.....[crazy]
Ok I'm going to try set the fins (like the firemen set their boots and suits) and get in the tube and snap the fins on and left the tube and still gotta walk backwards...[Smile]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]""Now do you see why most of us prefer the open ended tubes?""[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Yep I get it. I kinda like the old FishMaster for the smallness of it. With this tube I can put my whole arm in the water all around it easy than I could with my other newer round tube.[/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As Dirty Harry says..."A man should know his limitations." That goes for float tubers too. There are some places that are even out of reach for tubing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That being said, I knew a guy in northern California that got down inside a straight sided quarry pit by using suspenders on his tube to hold the round tube in place, wearing his fins and then rapelling down a rope tied to a big rock nearby. He got in the water okay, but did not have the strength to pull himself back out with the tube around him. He had to tie the end of the rope on the tube, pull just himself up and out and the haul up the tube. Only did it once...I think.[/#0000ff]
[signature]