Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite top water lures?
sry for making all these new posts but i love fishing and iam just trying to learn[Wink]. what top water lures do u guys use let me know some brands and colors and sizes and all that good stuff. thanks
[signature]
Lucky Craft Sammys and Gunfish and Vixens by Reaction Inovations.
[signature]
I tend to like the Zara Spooks, Rapalas and floated Senkos.[cool]
[signature]
I love all topwater baits...you have to find your own passion in topwater fishing, but here's a few guidelines:

1. surface hard baits that have no built-in action - like the zara spook, the undressed Pop-r, a floating rapala

2. surface hard baits with a built-in action - like a Bettencourt Assassin, any jointed surface bait, Nip-i-diddee, woodchoppers, etc.

3. surface soft baits that are weedless - Scumfrog, Bronzeye Frog, Snag-Pruf baits, T-Rigged weightless worms, Moss Boss, etc.

4. reaction bite surface baits - Buzz Baits, sputter buzz, fast retrieved in-line spinners that break the surface, etc.

5. dual purpose type hard baits - any bait you can twitch on top and slow retrieve just below the surface to a depth of one foot.

Now looking at the outline, you'll see there's a lot of type of baits there...you can't buy em all at once, you'll go broke. Pick up one or two, learn how and when to use them, then when finances permit, pick up one or two more...in no time at all, you'll have an arsenal of topwater baits for every situation.
[signature]
My first go-to top water at gray-of-day to sun-up and then the 11h00 rise is the Yozuri SS. An extremely versatile top water. Jerk it, slash it or slow roll it. The slow rolls stop-'n-go is a killer across growth edges. It creates a deep and wide wake with a wide action akin to a dying fish.
I'll post some pictures of what it looks like from bass abuse just in the last six weeks (it's my third one this season, the others eaten by a tree and a pickerel respectively).

-ABT-
[signature]
Quote:
LOL how big was the tree.
[signature]
[reply]
Quote:
[/reply]
[#ff0000]Big enough for this year's Christmas tree! [/#ff0000][#ff0000][Wink][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000][#000000]-ABT-[/#000000]
[signature]
[Wink] then it's a keeper, LOL
[signature]