Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach 8-10-06
Got to Lincoln at 5 AM this morning to fish for white bass and bowfish for carp. Nothing but flies for the first hour. They were so thick it looked like smoke rising from the north dike.

As if on cue, the white bass started rising at 6:00, first one, then ten, then fifty. It was pretty busy for awhile. I fished just to the south of the boat ramp, inside the harbor.

Caught about 15-20 fish in an hour. Kept 8, including a nice smallmouth. A yellow roostertail worked the best.

Didn't see many carp, shot a nice 26 incher.
[signature]
Now that sounds like a great morning! I didn't get a chance to get down this spring, becuase my bow was in the shop for about a month. Seemed to have missed the major spawn. Oh well. I'm sure there will be millions more begging for death next year.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Steve! I think I need to head down there next week sometime in my tube.

What did you catch them with?
[signature]
Actually, it looks like I might hit LB this Saturday morning early for a couple of hours.
[signature]
I started with a rainbow rappala, but only caught 2. Things picked up when I switched to a yellow roostertail. I think any kind of spinner would have worked.
[signature]
Nice report all but the part about the smalle all bass smallmouth and large over 12 inches must be released how big was it??????

[signature]
10.5 inches. thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
Just didn't want to see you in trouble....

[signature]