Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another great day for Spark, my tube and Pineview: 8/10/06
Ok, why go all the way to Jordenelle to get hasseled about my buddy (Sparky) and probably not have as much fun????? [sly]
Well, --------- these aren't Tigers but for me just as much fun, if not more!!!!![Tongue]
Got on the water at 11 am and started fishing. On the way the Sparkinater jumped covey or quail. Cool! Started in for my smallie quest and noticed what appeared to be a mommy moose wading the shallows at the north bay??? Cool agan!!!! Headed out from "my bay" and Sparkinater jumped 2 nice bucks in velvet. One of those guys is going to be nice buck.
Anyways, caught a few just trolling and jigging and was pretty happy. Well. ----------- I decided (no real reason) to shoot my jig into the weeds and shallows. Hook up! What was so interesting is that this is about 5" depth in brush. So as not to draw this out I started fishing that kind of stuff and ended up with a 16 in. guy, 4 -15's and about 4 12-14 in guys ( also caught about 2 lessers guys).!!! Well, felt kind of guilty about having so much fun and knew that the wife expected me back early so headed back about 4pm. There you go ------------- mid day fishing again and much, much fun. What is it with this mid day fishing? Supposed to be not the best time??? Also caught a nice crappy and a resonable perch for table fair.
What is of particular interest is Predator (Mike Bass) was right!!!! Get into the brush!!!!!! If you're not getting hung up and not losing fish and lures in the brush you aine't doing it!!!!! I was just slow on the acceptance, I guess. Thanks Mike. I had to go in and "get em out" of the brush every hook up. Lost 1 big guy, busted my line but pretty good overall.
P.S. No pics this time. Let em all go except 1 ea. [laugh] That's for you catch and release guys. Only keep enough for a good fresh meal for the wife and I.
Leaky
You sure have been puttin' a little hurt on the fish lately. Nice you could get out. Sounds like the Sparkinator was jumpin' everything in the county!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm sure the "mid-day" emphasis was for my benefit. We all know you can't wake up any earlier, so you go ahead and justify it how ever you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'll try a little of the get into the brush idea this weekend in Mantua (I'm there all weekend better give it a shot I figure)...

I'm glad the mid day thing works... I'm not an early bird so that is probably when I'll be out fishing.
[signature]
Justify?????? Come on big guy, guys our age should keep an open mind and not be fixed in our ideas.[Smile][Smile][Smile][Smile] Some of us just know how to do things mid day and not have to get up at the crack of dawn. [unimpressed] Give an old fart credit for doing his thing, ok? I know, just giving this old geezer a hard time. Back atchya Bud. Sparky misses ya. When LB?
Leaky
[cool][#0000ff]No offense here. We're too thick skinned to be offended easily. Either that or we are just too senile to know when we have been slammed.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I look forward to fishing with the hyper-hound again soon too. Don't know about LB. The daily thunderstorms keep the water clouded up and the fish off kilter. We still have a couple of months of good kitty chasin' so we can wait out the weather. But, we do gotta get down there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Oh yeah, good afternoon to ya. I doubt if you got up early enough for me to wish you a good morning. Ha![/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey Pat, I think I'm gonna head out tomorrow morning to Lincoln for a couple hours. Gotta try and get some white bass while they're hot -- and maybe a few kitties will cooperate too. If I'm lucky, maybe I can even pull in a crappie or two from the dock area.

I'll be out there about 6:00.
[signature]
Hey Big guy - I don't get mad, I get even. [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][sly] Looking foward to the chance. Maybe some hyper dog poop on your tube seat? Hahahaha. Good fishing to you and the better half.
Leaky
[cool][#0000ff]Good luck. No fishing for me until towards the end of next week. Looking at Willard on Thursday...maybe.[/#0000ff]
[signature]