Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Is BLM?
I haven't seen a post from him in weeks maybe a month now,Hope he is alright and still around.
Later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
I think he's at Flaming Gorge this week.
[signature]
He is currently at Flaming Gorge. Natalie and I spent last Saturday till Tuesday camping, fishing and hanging out with him and his family up there. He went out with Jim Williams on Wednesday, his wife got a nice fish. I learned a bunch of new jigging techniques and got schooled on hook sets.
[signature]
[reply]
He is currently at Flaming Gorge. Natalie and I spent last Saturday till Tuesday camping, fishing and hanging out with him and his family up there. He went out with Jim Williams on Wednesday, his wife got a nice fish. I learned a bunch of new jigging techniques and got schooled on hook sets. [/reply]

I wondered if that was a pic of BLM's wife on Jim's website. Did you fish with Jim, too? If so, by getting "schooled" on hooksets, did you by chance hear the word "late" a time or two?? Been there, done that! [Wink] Those fish are quick!
[signature]
I unfortunately did not get to fish with Jim. My wife had a work situation we had to attend home to. But fishing with BLM, I had many an opportunity to hear from myself or from BLM the words you are too late. I had several nice fish on the sonar and several hits from them, just could not put the steel to them.

After this last weekend, I have gained a whole new perspective on patience and detailed attention when it comes to fishing the big boys. I cant wait to get up there and redeem myself!
[signature]
Yes, I know just what you mean. It sure is addictive, isn't it?

It gives the term "focus" a whole new meaning.
[signature]
You would definitely understand the meaning of a kinked neck and sore shoulder blades!!!
[signature]
YOUR LUCKY YOU WERNT WITH JIM. IF YOU WERE LATE ALOT JIM WOULD BEEN GIVING YA A HEAD ACHE AS WELL.LOL IT THE MOST INTENSE STYLE OF JIGGING IVE EVER LERND. FOCUS IS KEY. FOCUS ON LIFT FOCUS ON DROP FOCUS ON BITES FOCUS ON NO BITES. BUT IT PUTS MOORE BIG LAKERS ABOVE WATER THAN ANY OTHER METHOD. SO ITS WORTH THE EFFORT. NOT TO MENTION THAT WHEN YOU FINALY PUT THAT FISH IN YOUR ARMS YOU KNOW YOU DID THE JOB YOU MADE THAT FISH TAKE THE LURE. IT ALL YOUR DOING. OTHER THAN THE BOAT CONTROLL. A VERY SATISFYING EXPIREANCE. LOOKS LIKE THE GUY WITH JIM TODAY DID GOOD AT FOCUSING.
[signature]
I hear Jim can be a bit hard on the ears! [blush] But BLM is no slouch either to inform of a mishap!
[signature]
HE LERNING HOW TO SCRUTINNIZE FROM THE BEST. OR CHASTIZE. OF COURSE JIM HAS NEVER WENT OFF ON ME. OTHER THAN WHEN I SET TO HARD AND RIP IT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS.
[signature]
Thanks for chiming in polo,just curious what the big guy was up to.
So is he changing his name to flaming gorge mac.lol
I need to get up there with you guys,It sounds like alot of fun.
later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
I cant wait till I have an operational boat to start putting some "time" in up there. I enjoy the opportunity to get out and learn a few things from guys that have put a little time in. Now I just need to put more time in working these techniques!
[signature]
Ken,

That someone with that 32 lb and 25 lb was my uncle. I only caught a 15 and 16 lb. We both lost a couple after a minute of fight and missed to many hooksets. Not being on the water for a month made my reflexes way slow.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks for your concern, Tony. I have been up on the Gorge for the last ten days and now it's back to work. Needless to say it was a great time. Hopefully I'll be back up there in two weeks for another 10 days.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Good to hear from you! You lucky dog... You are basically livin' at the Gorge! [Smile]
[signature]
SO WHERE IS THE REPORT??????? SAW YOUR WIFE ON JIMS BOARD. PRITTY FISH. SO POST UP BUDDY.
[signature]
Hey CROSSINEYES-

Where are your reports??? Or are you living vicariously through the rest of us? [cool]
[signature]
O IM CAUGHT. LOL. HAVENT BEEN OUT FOR A WHILE. THERROPY IS KILLING ME. I NEVER CATCH ANYTHING ANYWAY.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I really have nothing to report. I was involved with fishing for seven days and only held a rod once while on Jim's boat. The rest of the time I spent running the boat for everyone else or searching out areas for potential areas to fish. I put my GPS to pretty good use.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]As for catching, most of the people who were fishing with me were pretty inexperienced and had a very difficult time getting the hook to meat. I spent three days with polokid trying to get him on a fish without success. He got more than his share of hits but just couldn't connect. The same held true with my son-in-laws. Very inexperienced fishermen but I was able to get them several good hits each but, again, the hook up rate was lacking.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Even though the catch rate was nothing to brag about, a lot of other aspects of the trip concerning fishing were a total success. I'm getting the hits so that means a lot of good things are happening. When you're not getting the hits you than need to re-think your strategies. That, fortunately, was not the case. I was able to fish a lot of different areas, a lot of different structures, target single or multiple stack ups of fish using a variety of techniques and consistently get bit. What more can a guy ask for? [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The only unfortunate aspect of this is that someone had to have a clue on putting everything together so the fishermen could do just that.... fish. That was me. A guy that tries to do it and fish, is a whole lot handier than me. I can keep extemely focused on mantain boat postion so the guys with the rods have half a chance.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Anyway, I came away with more on this trip than any other. It may have lacked a couple pictures of big fish but I can guarantee you that will happen. The additional knowledge I learned and time to apply a lot of it in different and varing circumstances made it worth it.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
YA I HEAR YA BOAT CONTROLL IS 50% OF PRESINTATION.
[signature]