Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think the best rod is?
I like the Shakespeare Ugly Stik Lite
[signature]
I haven't tried enough to say which brand is the best. As you stated ugly sticks are nice. I have a couple of medium light st. croix's that I use on a regular basis and I am very satisfied with their product.
[signature]
Ugly Stix are great rods, and for the price, there isn't a much better rod. Consequently, the ugly stix is the ONLY rod made by shakespear that I find to be of high quality.

However, there are many good rods, and it's hard to say who makes the best. With that said, i'll say the best rod made is the rod by which it's design and composition best suits your fishing style and the present fishing conditions.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]I have used only Fenwick rods. They just seem to feel the best for me.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
"[size 1]However, there are many good rods, and it's hard to say who makes the best. With that said, i'll say the best rod made is the rod by which it's design and composition best suits your fishing style and the present fishing conditions."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[black][size 3]That would be my position too ! With the caveat that the rod that has the fish on the end of the line would be my favorite one at the time.[/size][/black]
[signature]
true...
[signature]
The best rod??? Hard to say. I do have a collection of G Loomis, Shimanos, Diawas, Calstars, Shakespheres and others. I like each one in it's own way.[cool]
[signature]