Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake George, Hobart, IN 8-11-06
Hit Lake George yesterday under some tough conditions, but I still wanted to go, so here's the report:

air temp - 75
humidity - 75%
barometer - 30.02
wind - NNE12mph
water - turbid
sky - intermittent clouds changing to clear

This was the day after a torrential downpour, severe lightning, and rain that lasted all day.

I started off using a 1/32 oz. tube jig because there were a lot of really small minnows surfacing...and, this is what I go for my efforts:

[Image: CrappiewithMikeshand.jpg]

Shortly after that, my friend crappiehunter was laughing at me, I kept saying "I've got another one" and he kept replying "with that light line, you're probably just snagged on a tree"...well, I kept insisting that it was a fish...and it was, so I made him hold my fish for the pic:

[Image: Catfishtoths8-12-06.jpg]

...this little channel cat put up a valiant fight on my super ultralite rod and 4lb. test line with a 1/32 oz tube jig.

On to the serious fishing...I started casting a Sizmic Toad, a Little Lures Frog, and a Cavitron Buzz Bait... I got several good hits in the real thick slop, but several of the fish attempted to hit the baits from the top and flat out missed the bait....

Here's a pic of my friend crappiehunter, who's basically new to bass fishing, and now a "slop" convert...not a giant bass, but still, a nice little slop bass...

[Image: Bass14inch8-12-06.jpg]

Nature Notes: We saw several great blue herons, half-a-dozen night herons, belted kingfisher, goldfinches, hummingbird, ducks and a red-headed woodpecker. It was a wonderful day for watching the herons, the swamp mallows were in bloom and the duckweed had taken up residence in new areas of the lake.

Not a very good pic, but here's a night heron up in a tree:
[Image: nightheron.jpg]

...all in all, another great day out on the water!
[signature]
Great report,, I am going to have to send you my line so you can wet it for me...

almost two months and no fishing for me, I did step out on the dock for a half dozen cast one day last week, but that dosnt realy count, I was just down there long enough for the kid I hired to do his lawn cutting job for me.... he is only 8. I make him start the push mower on his own, he gets realy excited now that he can do things that can turn a buck....
[signature]