Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C.A.S.T. for Kids at Strawberry
Well, the Berry was ripe with fish and it wasthe greatest of times, Saturday August 12th. I asked for help and MGB came through with the best advice...many thanks....

We got there at 6:00 AM and was one of the first to arrive, other then the people setting up the tables and getting things ready. They had hot coffee ready and CBR and myself was glad for that......

After the many people with boats and other helpers showed up and signed in, about 7:30 the Kids started showing up and getting paired up with their guides....

About 8:30 we met with RJ (the kid I was to guide) and his mother and headed out ...

RJ had been fishing before but had never been able to catch a fish. We headed for the ladders and setup the poles and the game was on...

I made a cast and was showing RJ how to work the drop shot when I felt the first bite. I handed the pole to RJ and he set the hook and the battle was on. After a good fight the fish was in the net, It was a great 20 inch rainbow and after that you could see only Smiles on RJ. By the end of the 1 1/2 hours of fishing RJ had boated 10 trout over 20 inches and released 6 of them, but kept 4. Three were rainbows and one cutthroat that was 22 1/2 inches long.....

When we got back we found out that RJ had the biggest and the most fish and won a free mounting of one of his biggest fish. Oh yes his two biggest fish were both 4.9 lbs all thanks to MGB for his great advice and yes I am bragging......... [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif] [Image: icon_mrgreen.gif] [Image: icon_wink.gif] What a great day...

I'll send some pictures to tubedude (not to be Confused with tub dude), to post. The C.A.S.T for Kids is a great program.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17915;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17916;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17917;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17918;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17919;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17920;]
[signature]
Cliff,

That is absolutely awesome!! Beautiful fish, but look at the Smile on that kid's face! And what a great prize he won.

Thanks for taking your time to help these kids get into our great sport.
That is a day that he will NEVER forget!
[signature]
Way to go Cliff! Sure is great to see an old geezer take a little interest in the youngins. Looks like you both had a day you wont be forgetting anytime soon. And what a great prize.......... a mounting of his 1st trophy. Doesn't get any better than that!
[signature]
Thats great Cliff, I bet RJ is still smilling.
later chuck
[signature]
Way to go Cliff and CBR . Looks like you found some nice fish . I wish I could of boated that way but I only pack 6 gallons of fuel on my boat . My first year doing it and can't wait to do it again .
[signature]
Way to go Cliff, I'm sure you and CBR created some life-time memories for RJ and his mom. Hope they get the fish mounted a little faster this year, I read a report that the fish that were to be mounted last year still aren't mounted.[unsure]
[signature]
You done good Cliff. Those are some nice fish you guys caught. I was wanting to get involved with cast this year but I have been working Saturdays lately. Glad my tips helped out but it all comes down to the captan of the boat.

WAY TO GO! GOOD JOB!
[signature]
Thanks again for your help....[cool]

[signature]
Strong work Cliff. Thanks for helping the youngun out. I'll bet he'll remember that for many many years.
[signature]