Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What California Boat for White Seabass in March?
With the upcoming White Seabass season just around the corner, what boat would you recommend?
[signature]

Hey there Booyaa1,

I like 3/4 day cattle boats that fish Catalina on the backside/frontside/West End/Eagle Rock area. Go during the weekday and you might have 15 people or less on a 65ft sportboat with full bait tanks. Some boats that I go on 2 or 3 times a week include the Pierpoint, Enterprise, and Freedom. These boats may have different duty during the early part of the season so one needs to always check what boat might be going where with what kind of bait. But.. no guarantee until the boats out of the harbor. ha ha Sometimes knowing what areas the skipper likes to fish make the decision easier.

JapanRon
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]
Whats up with you Japan Ron?

I havn't fished the Enterprise for a couple of years Ron, but I remember it being a big boat with a good crew. My brother in law was out at a Paintball park a couple weeks back and one of the deckhands hooked him up with a couple passes. I thought that was pretty damn cool. All great boats that try to put you on the fish.

Do you know of any boats that do the 5:00-5:00 mission. I thought that 22nd St. landing might have one. Good call on the weekday trips.
[signature]

Hey again Booyaa1,

On the 5am to 5pm deal, some of the generous skippers turn the 3/4 ride into that very thing! When you're lucky and it's Thursday or Friday and the skipper wants a good count showing for the weekend crowd and he's cool.

Otherwise, I've noticed some landings South of Long Beach have boats scheduled for 5 to 5 trips to Catalina. I remember Davey's Locker or Dana Point boats offer such trips but don't know which boats. I do remember the San Clemente was an awesome boat with a wide stern loooooow to the water. Oh Maaaaaaaaan! Haven't done the boats down that far myself for a coupla years.
[signature]

Thats pretty cool when the Captain starts jonesin' for fish and keeps you out overtime. I am always careful at confirming my time of arrival from any trip for that very reason.

I am about 15 minutes from Dana Point where the Clemente lives. I will bop down and try to get information on that boat and keep you posted.

As far as distance from Catalina, any idea the distance from each of the LA and Orange County landings.

Hell, lets just fish em' all and find out for ourselves....
[signature]

Hey there Bill,

See what Booyaa1 did! getting me all excited thinking of those WSB in that special green water back in some of those isolated coves. YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaa!

You're right both the Tonnage and the Dreamer are at Pierpoint or at least they were moored there last week. Ya, Allan is a sweetheart.

I remember losing a nice WSB under the Pacific Star when the fish took off from near my ride, the Pierpoint.

Thanks for the info. With a couple more guys like us and we'll all be caught up for March busting open Big Time!

JapanRon
a.k.a.tsurikichi
[signature]
Hello Guys,

Whats up Billy Waddle? Wow, glad to see you on the boards!!

Sorry to change the subject guys but its been a while since I have talked to Mr. Waddle.

How was Greece? Did you work into any fishing?

O.K. back to the subject, Yes, Capt. Allyn and the Tonnage is a great way to go! Booyaa1 you remeber when me and the AOL Girls were catching all those Yellowtail while you were slaying those Mackeral and pushing the deck hand overboard (LOL)!

P.S. Billy I am sure you will be on the water a lot this year, from the main message board page scroll down to the california boards, please drop by and give us your reports in these boards as often as possible! Thanks again for all your help with the house!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Allyn Watson on the Dreamer are touted to be one of the masters of not only White Seabass, but Catalina. I fished with Allyn in 1997 and it was a blast. Actually we sleighed the yellows at China Cove, Church Rock and came around to kill more fish at the Isthmus, Bird Shit Rock. Fast Boat!

Is the Dreamer back on the Water, I thought that she had an accident?

Kick ass boat and Captain.

I am going to do my damndest to fish each one of the overnighters this season.
[signature]
I heard a lot of good things about the "OLD #7". Six pack charter.
[signature]
[sly]The BEST Boat for YOU My Brother,would Be the "Skunk Special" or the "Banana Boat"[Tongue]lol lol lol lol ..................... Oppps,sorry wrong catagory,this should be under fish stories,and maybe Jokes section, lol lol ......[mad]easy there!!! just yanking your mono!!![sly]@#$%*&!!!!!!!!!!!$#%&^*[pirate]... I deserved that.............
[signature]
Hey Kiyo,

I frequent the Eldorado out of LBSF, comfortable, big, good crews. I plan on diversifying a lot this year Kiyo and fishing all of the overnighters from Diego, Orange, LA, and Ventura. We will start looking at charter trips as we hit the show circuit in Long Beach, Del Mar, Ventura and Day at the Docks. I have heard great reports on the Old #7...

Hows the fishing?
[signature]
Michael,

I'd have to recommend the First String out of H&M and the El Dorado out of LB Sportfishing for WSB. These two boats always seem to be on the WSB year in and year out. [cool]
[signature]
Hello Mr. "J",how's things?this is Mark,by the way...Are those new Box Inserts,with the lockable slider's going to be ready for the Hall show?....Looking Foward to Seeing You there.....later.......................................................But "I" still recomend the "Banana Boat" for Mikey,......just kidding.....Next time,loosen your drag,a,tad...and bring a NET.....Mr.9#lb. CLUB MIKE
[signature]
Hey Mark,

Yes, the boxes "should" be available at the FH shows. They are arriving today in the LB Port.
[signature]
Hey there Rome,

Fishing is still kind of slow around here in Long Beach. I caught a legal this last Saturday. There were a couple of other legal Halibuts caught inside Alamitos Bay and outside by the bait barges. There was also a little WSB bite inside Alamitos biggest around 22". In some places the Yelowfin Croakers were WFO! Some guys were catching 75-175 fish in 3-4 hours using small grubs.

The HOT SPOT is still in your neck of the woods!! Doheny Beach is still kicking out a lot of legal Halibuts. One guy caught 4 legals on Sunday.

Did you fish the Glendora Rod and Reel Floattube tournament at Grissom Island last Saturday?

Also, we are now back to having "ANYTHING THAT FLOATS" tournaments instead of just the FLOATTUBE TOURNAMENTS. So if you have a Float tube, kayak, raft, surfboard, skiff or small boat, you can enter our tournaments (NO MOTORS OR SAILS OF ANY KIND). So come on down and use your Kayak!![Smile]
[signature]
[Smile]Always eat a Bannana before you fish!!! Good luck charm![Wink]
[signature]
Hey Kiyo, this is mark,the "Fat" Romero,in fact,I hold the 2003 talking smack award so far,but reason being,A filming deadline at Sunset beach,took priority over the Grissom event..And organizing a Youth Derby,has me wraped up presently,but I Would Appreciate a little advise from you...??/ Wader's for Big Guys Like Me,???? Who Make A Float Tube XXL wader that "YOU" can honestly recomend,In Return,I will be at the Hall Show,and turn you on to a serious 2lb. plastic's variety pack,that will make any, "P.F.D." fisherman Trip" HARD. Sounds like a Deal? But I still keep the "SMACK AWARD" aggreed?
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh]Hiya Mark! Were you filming the Dan Hernandez surf fishing show? Did you guys get kicked out or something because of no permits?

How much do you weigh? I weigh a good 275 (FAT SUMO)[laugh][laugh] and I own the Hodgman Brighton Neoprene Waders. It is 3.5 mm premium grade neoprene sponge, convient bib style neoprene suspenders, large front handwarmer pocket, reinforced kneew and triple reinforced seems, sliding gravel guards included, high back design for float tubing. I bought it at Sport Chalet on sale for $69.99 reg. price was $109.99. The style is 13547 size XXLS. I have had no problems with them. I did have a lot of problems with the Stearns waders twice.
[signature]
Yea,We got kicked out, And "I" was pissed,so we ended up at sunset beach,the bite at first was slow,but then picked up,I coulden't keep the fish off my line that day,even if i tried.Hey Kiyo,thanks for the info,I am going to locate some today,see you a the show...with your goodies!!!
[signature]
I REPEAT MARCH IS HERE!!!!!!
[signature]