Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need airbrush
Hi All,
Looking for a (used) double-action airbrush that is reasonably priced. Just getting ready to paint my first homemade lure and want to get use to a double-action right away. Unless I flat out suck at this airbrush painting thing in which I'll have to stick to cans, so I don't want to invest a lot just in case it has to gather dust.
Thanks,
Vinny

P.S. You can email me at [url "mailto:vinny1957@gmail.com"]vinny1957@gmail.com[/url]
[signature]
I strongly recommend the Iwata, I've had mine for over 25 years and it still looks and works like it's brand new, right out of the box.

I own 2 badgers and don't much care for either one of 'em.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I did buy a ? & Chandler (can't remember the first name) double-action 1/16 cup gravity feed. It's an older model, all I can find as to model is "A Elite 1/16oz". Looks almost brand new and I got it for only $20.00. I need to get an air hose and adapter for the air cans and ? Do you know if the air connections are all standard size and what else I might need?
Thanks a lot,
[signature]
Can't help you there...I use a Badger Silent II compressor and when I'm not using the compressor, I have a large bottle that I get filled with a Nitrogen/air mix (eliminates the moisture in the air.)
[signature]
have you tryed fish tank supply shops.

the hose you are using is vary low pressure,

I dont know about hardwears around you area but most of the quality hardwears in my area cary numours flexible hoses that could be used for your set up.

also if you have a Michials in your area, they sell air brush supplies. cups, cleaning, paint, ect...
[signature]
Dick Blick, and others across the nation provide catalogues of airbrush supplies, but if I were you, I'd just Google up the manufacturor of your airbrush and see what they recommend and if they have a list of suppliers you can deal with, or purchase directly from them.

Not to contradict anyone, but Michael's prices are extremely high! If you have a Hobby Lobby store in your area, you'll find that the prices are a lot better.
[signature]
its been a long time since I have had one of thier catalogs, I had forgotten all about them, thanks.

they are a great resorce, unfortunatly they dont carry many of the art supplies I need, wished they did, I sure could use to save a buck or two, depending on the size of my order, meaning, I have three michaels with in 6 miles of me. And no they dont supply all of my craft needs either, seems no one carries every thing I use all in one shop.

again thanks, I ordered me a new free catalog..
[signature]
Cheap Joe's will have anything you don't find in the Dick Blick's catalogue...I think they have a web site if you want to Google them up and have them send you their catalogue...Cheap Joe's has very good pricing on a lot of hard to find art supplies.
[signature]
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]Can you tell me what you know about using an airbrush for spoons and lures? It's something I am kind of interested in, but don't know anything about it. I'm a little artistic, but nothing great.

Do I need a compressed air source, or do those little cans work?

Can I pick up a decent airbrush for a decent price?

Is there a particular source you like for the airbrush and supplies? And is there a particular model you recommend for a beginner?

Any info. would be helpful, as I think I've been a pretty good boy this year, and I'm currently filling out my wish list [img]../../images/gforum/cool.gif[/img] [/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Well, nevermind some of the questions, as I simply read the previous posts [blush]. However, I would like to know if I might get by okay with a less expensive model (double action) to start with. I saw you like Iwata--is the BCR 2000 basic model okay for a newbie? I just want to paint spoons, blades and bodies on some smaller lures to begin with.

Can you give your recommendations also for a basic compressor?

Thx tons
[signature]